Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student account for master student...who studies abroad! watch

    • Thread Starter

    I find myself in a bit of a predicament as I did my bachelors here in the UK and accordingly opened a student account with Halifax with who I was entitled to £1500 interest free overdraft; but since I am no longer an undergraduate student that account will expire very soon and I still have that overdraft, although since I'm a master student and not working I have not been able to get myself out of that debt.

    I've enquired with Natwest and Lloyds but they only offer student accounts with interest free overdraft to master students who are studying in the UK. I was wondering if anyone knows a solution to my predicament; for instance by suggesting a bank who would be able to open a student account for me?
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.