Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi

I'm currently applying for finance for sept 2016. I am a single man living in shared accommodation I have a postal address which is a friends house as I cannot trust the mail here. I was divorced in 2007 but have lost my decree absolute am I still able to apply for student finance without this?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

We would require evidence of your divorce. You could request another copy of your decree absolute or send a signed affidavit or a statutory declaration, both of which you can get drafted by a solicitor. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes but that's going to cost me £65 to get a duplicate decree absolute and that could take weeks to come my course starts on 16th sept what happens if my course starts before my finance is sorted out?

(Original post by Carly SFE)
    Hi,

We would require evidence of your divorce. You could request another copy of your decree absolute or send a signed affidavit or a statutory declaration, both of which you can get drafted by a solicitor. Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, if you put on your application you are divorced but do not provide marital evidence we would not income assess the application until we receive proof of divorce. We will put the application on hold until we receive this evidence I would advise you to call us and request it to be non income assessed so you can receive the non income assessed funding. Once we receive the marital status evidence we will then income assess the application and award the additional tested support.Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.