Well, is it?
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Erm.... no?

Infact, it's pretty damn good... from what was just a childrens book to what it is now takes some doing that's for sure.
ChiquitaBanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Daniel said he is not going to do any more movies, he had a argument with Emma and Co hence he QUITS!!!!!!!
<3 edits out spoiler
empfrench
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Good.
Jayk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mmmm...Trolls.
ferret123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
[QUOTE=ChiquitaBanana]Daniel said he is not going to do any more movies, he had a argument with Emma and Co hence he QUITS!!!!!!!

I wish. That'd be a good excuse to sack him if that did hapen tho
cabbage
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
def not trash!! If you dont like it, dont read it!
empfrench
Rep:
?
(Original post by cabbage)
def not trash!! If you dont like it, dont read it!
How would one then know that it was trash? :rolleyes:
ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, absolutely not. No question.
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
whats with that link..are all those spoilers true
Scottish_Expatriate
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know I'm in the minority, but I personally hate Harry Potter (in particular the style of writing)
That said, I don't think it's trash.
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i've read them up to book 5. started book 6, got bored and gave up.

the fact that daniel 'quits' over an argument shows how they are still silly little children.
ChiquitaBanana
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think the books are fantastic, but, the last 2 books : oder of phoniex and half blood are so C R A P, espc the half blood, and i SO am NOT watching the new movie ;p!!!!!
hertfordshireman
Report 11 years ago
I read the first one in 1997 before it was famous, and so have read the others, the last 2 in one weekend, some Ppl IMO go to far though = waiting outside bookshops 3 days early when they can go at 11 pm today or order online. They wait in the rain, don't they have jobs or school etc.
MeepMeep09
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Harry Potter Books = Brilliant

Harry Potter Films = Trash
Atomic Dave
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by MeepMeep09)
Harry Potter Books = Brilliant

Harry Potter Films = Trash
Spot on.

Also can I point out, isn't it a bit silly to ask this question on a sub-forum which is solely dedicated to the whole "Harry Potter" thing? So, it's gonna be a just a tad obvious that the majority of folks who use this section are gonna be fans...nay?
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's a matter for debate; still, at least you came to the one area of the forum that's guaranteed to give you an unbiased opinion.
Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's certainly somewhat simplistic and unsophisticated, but that's because it is - despite a large number of adults enjoying it - a children's book, not because it's trash. I don't think there are many well-read people who would ever claim that the Harry Potter books are of great literary value, but they entertain a great many people (including myself, regardless of my awareness of their limitations).

For me, the Harry Potter books are ones which are very enjoyable reads, but which leave you - if you're reasonably intelligent and older than the original target audience - in no doubt that they are purely children's books; they aren't enjoyed on different levels by adults and children, they're just enjoyed on a child's level by both children and adults.

If I sound overly critical, that's my personal opinion of how the books seem to me; for children I think they're an absolutely excellent series.
empfrench
Rep:
?
(Original post by Atomic Dave)
Spot on.

Also can I point out, isn't it a bit silly to ask this question on a sub-forum which is solely dedicated to the whole "Harry Potter" thing? So, it's gonna be a just a tad obvious that the majority of folks who use this section are gonna be fans...nay?
Yeah, I did put it in the Entertainment forum, but it was moved, inexplicably. :rolleyes:
Ezekiel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the last book was.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads