Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    after doin my exams, am quite woried that i may not make my offer of ABB!! is ther any current bath pharmacy students that got in with not makin their offer?? are bath lineant on grades especially when it comes to pharmacy?? cuz i really want 2 go 2 bath!!!

ReputationRep:
    im in the same position - i have an offer 4 pharm aswel and i need an A in chem ( i did my a-levels last year and got a ABB with B in chem) and I don't think i've managed to boost it up.
    from the sound of the guy at the interview/open day i think it all depends on how many people meet the conditions of the offer and he was giving the impression that not many people got in this way. but i don't know. any advice from current students will be grateful.

good luck in your results nenah!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying pharmacy at bath

Dont know anyone who got in with lower than ABB. B in chem shuold be fine unless they've told you othrewsie (dont know anyone who got told you need higher - i had B in chemistry). Good luck with results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nenah)
    after doin my exams, am quite woried that i may not make my offer of ABB!! is ther any current bath pharmacy students that got in with not makin their offer?? are bath lineant on grades especially when it comes to pharmacy?? cuz i really want 2 go 2 bath!!!
    Son,

It was 15 years ago....i still remember vividly.....clear as muddy water.

Bath wanted me to get AAAb for Pharmacy( back in the old days bath had a higher standard) .....i ended up getting AAAc and got rejected.

Chances are, u have probably messed up your exam big time and will not get accepted.

ReputationRep:
    how th hell is that ment 2 help me?? but i suppose all cnt b positive!! n e way, any other comments will be useful!! n e 1 who got into bath with lower grades???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nenah)
    how th hell is that ment 2 help me?? but i suppose all cnt b positive!! n e way, any other comments will be useful!! n e 1 who got into bath with lower grades???
    With that kind of attitude you wont even get into Bath Spa!!

Unfortunately pharmacy is a heavily subscribed subject and Bath won't be lenient at all......seems like your life is gonna go a bit pear shaped. You just have to learn to accept failure.

ReputationRep:
    acceptin failure is no problem for me but that dsnt neccesraily mean i want failure in th first place! my query in th first place was that although i worked hard for my examz by revisin loads tryin 2 avoid 'failure', i found the exam quite challengin so at the moment i have doubts that i may have slipped a grade which is NOT for definate at the moment. and this may not have ben the case 15 yrs ago but some pple r goin thru th same thing as i am regardless of wut kind of atitude they have.

by th way, has ur life gon 'pear shaped' after being rejected by bath?? am dyin 2 kno!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its pretty bad.

Im not any better off than a bin man really. Oh well, maybe I shouldve just revised harder.

Painful memories..........

ReputationRep:
    yeh maybe...............!!! yh well gud luck wit ur life, our plans r totally different but 4get th painful memories nd.........infact gt ova it!

ReputationRep:
    Nenah...... I think you're a bit slow......
    Anyway, what does it matter? You've done the exam, you've accepted the offer. There is nothing you can do now. It doesn't matter whether they are lenient or not, you either make the cut or you don't so just wait until exam results and see if there is anything you can do then. Remark or something should you need it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.