44.83%
    Kisses
    10.34%
    Hugs
    37.93%
    I hate them both
    6.90%

ReputationRep:
    Which of the two in the title makes you feel more loved - hugs or kisses. Which do you prefer and why? Don't forget to vote in the poll!

https://media.giphy.com/media/70dmEaoyI2Ns4/giphy.gif

ReputationRep:
    I'd be extremely uncomfortable with either.

ReputationRep:
    It depends who they're from. Hugs, I appreciate from friends, family and my boyfriend. Kisses on the cheek only from my family, and then proper kisses only from my boyfriend. I love his hugs because they make me feel safe and comfortable, and I love his kisses because they're so special :3
    A hug tells me at the very least "you're appreciated".

ReputationRep:
    It really depends who I'm with.

Friends- Hugs
    Partner- Both but I love kisses more
    Family- I am so uncomfortable with hugs and kisses

ReputationRep:
    In simple terms hugs are more emotional and kisses more sexual.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hug or kiss anyone so neither

ReputationRep:
    Hugs make me feel safe and loved. I only hug 2 people in whole world. I'm generally not okay with hugs.

I don't kiss much at all but I do tend to miss it after a while. I hate that kisses were ruined for me and I get PTSD symptoms in relation to them. I think when I've managed to overcome that, kisses will make me feel loved not just scared
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Family.. though the only person I hug or 'kiss' is my mum hugs I guess though.

Partner - kisses and hugs at the same time :sexface: makes me feel special

Can't really explain why :lol:

ReputationRep:
    both but has to be delivered at the right time

ReputationRep:
    Hugs from friends and family 💜💖💚 but I never get any from family 🙈😑 and kisses from someone special but I don't have him 😶💛
    They both make me feel loved, special and safe but I barely get them 😞

ReputationRep:
    That depend who there from. For example if it's a smoking hot girl, both a hug and a kiss in that order. For family just a hug but only with female members as hugging a bloke if you're not a kid is unmanly in my mind, just a handshake between men and a pat on the back well done. Obviously from a girl friend both hugs and kisses and then some!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Both make me feel loved in different ways. A hug makes me feel loved from my boyfriend, family and friends in a friendly way whereas the only person I kiss is my boyfriend and that makes me feel loved too. I do prefer hugs to kisses though in general but a good kiss is very lush too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I don't hug or kiss anyone so neither
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    :console:
    Honestly I've never kissed a guy before and the last hug I had was probably from my mum

ReputationRep:
    ONLY with person I'm dating and hugs as your feeling the person? Kissing is just plain awkward for me, its just skin meeting skin.

ReputationRep:
    HUGS FOR EVERYONE :hugs:

kissing would only be someone I'm in love with :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Honestly I've never kissed a guy before and the last hug I had was probably from my mum
    One day you will get both.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.