Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On the university's website, clearing places for some courses are already listed. Does that mean there wasn't enough applicants or those who applied didn't achieve the required grades?
    Is it also more likely that if you get one grade lower in those course that the uni will still accept you?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Ella.ferriter)
    On the university's website, clearing places for some courses are already listed. Does that mean there wasn't enough applicants or those who applied didn't achieve the required grades?
    Is it also more likely that if you get one grade lower in those course that the uni will still accept you?
    I don't think it will as simple as any one of those situations.

It could be that for some courses, enough people didn't get the grades and the university thinks it can get better students via clearing. It could be not enough applicants, not enough good applicants, not enough people accepting offers. Or most likely a combination.

It's hard to say what a uni would do if you get a grade lower - though I'm guessing if you're hoping to get in to Sussex, then you'll have found out by now - so good luck and hope you get a place at the uni and on the course of your choice!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RK;67020108]I don't think it will as simple as any one of those situations.

It could be that for some courses, enough people didn't get the grades and the university thinks it can get better students via clearing. It could be not enough applicants, not enough good applicants, not enough people accepting offers. Or most likely a combination.

It's hard to say what a uni would do if you get a grade lower - though I'm guessing if you're hoping to get in to Sussex, then you'll have found out by now - so good luck and hope you get a place at the uni and on the course of your choice! [/QUOTE

Thank you! I got one grade down but the university still accepted me and I'm so excited to start!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    [QUOTE=Ella.ferriter;67027414]
    (Original post by RK)
    I don't think it will as simple as any one of those situations.

It's hard to say what a uni would do if you get a grade lower - though I'm guessing if you're hoping to get in to Sussex, then you'll have found out by now - so good luck and hope you get a place at the uni and on the course of your choice! [/QUOTE

Thank you! I got one grade down but the university still accepted me and I'm so excited to start!
    Awesome!

That's really good news.

Hope you like it down here in Brighton (TSR is based in Brighton)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.