Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what sort of stuff should I include in my answer when asked what I know about the company, why I want to work for the company and why I have chosen the role, for a part time retail job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blyts-_)
    what sort of stuff should I include in my answer when asked what I know about the company, why I want to work for the company and why I have chosen the role, for a part time retail job?
    I don't mean to sound rude but I don't think anyone other than yourself can help you with the answers to that - how are we supposed to know why you want to work for the company? Only you can possibly know why you want to do something!

As for what you know about the company, just look up a few facts before hand about the values and operations of the business. How wide is their product portfolio, how many locations do they serve and in how many countries, what is the core mission of the company etc? If you can find out something about their future plans, expansions etc in business news sources that's even better, and if you can tie it coherently to your own attitudes and skills then even better still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    I don't mean to sound rude but I don't think anyone other than yourself can help you with the answers to that - how are we supposed to know why you want to work for the company? Only you can possibly know why you want to do something!

As for what you know about the company, just look up a few facts before hand about the values and operations of the business. How wide is their product portfolio, how many locations do they serve and in how many countries, what is the core mission of the company etc? If you can find out something about their future plans, expansions etc in business news sources that's even better, and if you can tie it coherently to your own attitudes and skills then even better still.
    Well, it's a job in retail so does anyone really want that kind of a job?
    If we were being truthful, we'd say that we applied for the money but (well) that wouldn't get us anywhere.

These questions always require BS answers, you said it yourself there. "Why do you want to work at Tesco?" ... "Well, I am really enthusiastic about how Tesco works with the communities it serves... etc..." Nobody is really enthusiastic about working for Tesco, people are enthusiastic because Tesco pretty much pay the most out of any retail job.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.