Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I was wondering if anyone knew which of these universities was better for Illustration? I love the vibe of PCA but at PU I heard you go on more exchanges and trips and I think this would help me build industry links better. I'm not sure...help?
    •  Official Rep

Official Rep
    Hi Lydia,

I studied Illustration at Plymouth College of Art and had a great experience. My tutors were amazing and incredibly inspiring, all practicing illustrators within their own right.

PCA is an independent art school, so there’s a great creative community and a huge range of facilities to use across the college. There are lots of opportunities to build industry contacts – with live briefs, international competitions, visiting lecturers and work experience opportunities. My tutors were all from the illustration industry, so I found their first-hand knowledge really beneficial.

I now work as a freelance illustrator and co-run my own creative business in Plymouth. I still get recommended for Illustration jobs through PCA even now, 3 years after graduating! It was a great experience and I hope you have the best time studying Illustration in Plymouth!

Good luck with your decision and feel free to get in touch on [email protected] to ask any questions or arrange a visit.

Tours & Outreach Officer
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.