Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Is there any Advanced higher revision material ?

ReputationRep:
    What have people been using to revise for advanced higher ? Last year for higher I used BBC bitesize and the hodder&gibson and leckie x leckie texbooks but this year I cant find any revision material !

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thealmostdoctor)
    What have people been using to revise for advanced higher ? Last year for higher I used BBC bitesize and the hodder&gibson and leckie x leckie texbooks but this year I cant find any revision material !
    Hi I will be using a combination of Scholar notes, class notes, the specifications on the SQA website and any textbooks that I think might be useful if they get published (a few Bright Red ones are already published). I will also get the model paper books and use past/specimen papers from the SQA website. Hope this helps. PS- If you have any more questions relating to your advanced highers, post them on the Scottish qualifications forum
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
    as you are much more likely to get relevant responses quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I only took one AH subject that really benefits from any professionally formatted revision notes (Biology, my other ones were English and History) - and mostly I used nothing to revise :lol:
    None of the books were published, and even my teachers didn't really understand what we were supposed to learn haha, but for exam revision I just begrudgingly memorised the CAS - Course Assessment Specification - off the SQA website

ReputationRep:
    bright red textbooks for chem & physics are out
    the biology is out soon(? Idk, they always delay it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    Hi I will be using a combination of Scholar notes, class notes, the specifications on the SQA website and any textbooks that I think might be useful if they get published (a few Bright Red ones are already published). I will also get the model paper books and use past/specimen papers from the SQA website. Hope this helps. PS- If you have any more questions relating to your advanced highers, post them on the Scottish qualifications forum
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
    as you are much more likely to get relevant responses quickly.

Thanks that's really helpful

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it quite difficult myself at the moment locating material considering I'm studying AH History and Modern Studies and for Modern Studies there is literally n o t h i n g out there!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.