Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there any Advanced higher revision material ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What have people been using to revise for advanced higher ? Last year for higher I used BBC bitesize and the hodder&gibson and leckie x leckie texbooks but this year I cant find any revision material !
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thealmostdoctor)
    What have people been using to revise for advanced higher ? Last year for higher I used BBC bitesize and the hodder&gibson and leckie x leckie texbooks but this year I cant find any revision material !
    Hi I will be using a combination of Scholar notes, class notes, the specifications on the SQA website and any textbooks that I think might be useful if they get published (a few Bright Red ones are already published). I will also get the model paper books and use past/specimen papers from the SQA website. Hope this helps. PS- If you have any more questions relating to your advanced highers, post them on the Scottish qualifications forum
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
    as you are much more likely to get relevant responses quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I only took one AH subject that really benefits from any professionally formatted revision notes (Biology, my other ones were English and History) - and mostly I used nothing to revise :lol:
    None of the books were published, and even my teachers didn't really understand what we were supposed to learn haha, but for exam revision I just begrudgingly memorised the CAS - Course Assessment Specification - off the SQA website

ReputationRep:
    bright red textbooks for chem & physics are out
    the biology is out soon(? Idk, they always delay it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    Hi I will be using a combination of Scholar notes, class notes, the specifications on the SQA website and any textbooks that I think might be useful if they get published (a few Bright Red ones are already published). I will also get the model paper books and use past/specimen papers from the SQA website. Hope this helps. PS- If you have any more questions relating to your advanced highers, post them on the Scottish qualifications forum
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
    as you are much more likely to get relevant responses quickly.

Thanks that's really helpful

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it quite difficult myself at the moment locating material considering I'm studying AH History and Modern Studies and for Modern Studies there is literally n o t h i n g out there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.