Hi so i want to apply to study optometry at GCU next year and i was wondering how people feel about the course and the job.
I have a few questions to ask if thats ok.
1. How 'hard' is the course? Is there a lot of studying and memorizing (such as like medicine)
2. What do you study in Optometry (obviously about eyes, but what specific topics)
3. How easy was it to get a job after graduating and where do you work (Hospital, Optical Express?)
4. Do you enjoy what you do? Is it stressful? If you had to choose a different degree to study what would it be?
5. How competitive is being admitted and accepted in to Optometry? Is it as competitive as, say medicine?
Any Optometrists/Optomestrist students here? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 15-08-2016 21:47
Offline20ReputationRep:TSR Support TeamVery Important PosterPS Reviewer
- TSR Support Team
- Very Important Poster
- PS Reviewer
- 18-08-2016 09:52
Degree level courses will be difficult and need a lot of work particularly science and healthcare ones.
Course content will give you an idea of what will be taught.
You'll be as employable as you make yourself and will have to work your way up. No degree is going to guarantee you a job.
If you meet the entry requirements and have a strong application including relevant work experience you should be fine.