Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I've been to America I've seen people eating pancakes and ice cream (ice cream in the morning!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Hash browns (they have nice ones in America), bagels, waffles? Things like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    you can get krispy kremes at harrods! (random fact, but very pleasing )
    would you like to let us know how much they cost at harrods? i could probably buy enough food to feed the family for a week with the money

would be worth bearing in mind as Harrods will be my closest supermarket come October :eek:
    *panic time*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Hash browns (they have nice ones in America), bagels, waffles? Things like that.
    They're home fries - not hash browns. Completely different = and hash browns are better. Waffles are usually of the sweet variety.

All the other stuff - bagels, donuts and stuff, are just other optional stuff, but aren't the "American breakfast".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    When I've been to America I've seen people eating pancakes and ice cream (ice cream in the morning!!!)
    I dunno who eats ice cream for breakfast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    They're home fries - not hash browns. Completely different = and hash browns are better. Waffles are usually of the sweet variety.

All the other stuff - bagels, donuts and stuff, are just other optional stuff, but aren't the "American breakfast".
    We have some hash browns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    We have some hash browns
    Yeah I know - but a lot of hotels and diners mainly have home fries - don't they?

Obviously for people that live there, you can buy them!

ReputationRep:
    We have some hash browns
    you must do, if McDonalds sells them

i always associate hash browns with McDs since they're the first place i ever had them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    would you like to let us know how much they cost at harrods? i could probably buy enough food to feed the family for a week with the money

would be worth bearing in mind as Harrods will be my closest supermarket come October :eek:
    *panic time*
    erm, i *think* the plain ones are £1 or £1.20 ish and the flavoured ones are about maybe £1.60? Can't quite remember, but they're worth it!

Why are u moving to knightsbridge in october?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Why are u moving to knightsbridge in october?
    knightsbridge = south kens = imperial college = uni = degree

are you from around there then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    knightsbridge = south kens = imperial college = uni = degree

are you from around there then?
    no, guildford, but i make regular shopping trips! What's your degree in?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know - but a lot of hotels and diners mainly have home fries - don't they?

Obviously for people that live there, you can buy them!
    Yeah, most of them are home fries.

(Original post by 4Ed)
    you must do, if McDonalds sells them
    Thats actually what i was thinking of

ReputationRep:
    anyone ever been to a Ponderosa in USA - all you can eat breakfast for $1.99!!!!!
    American breakfast normally includes pancakes, bacon, patties, fried eggs, scrambled eggs and all sorts of other crap. Yes it is true, some fat gits do eat ice cream for breakfast in america

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    no, guildford, but i make regular shopping trips! What's your degree in?
    nice!

umm maths with mathematical physics...

i'll probably end up shopping the the Paddington Sainsburys for my groceries ... my student loan won't last a week if i go to harrods!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    anyone ever been to a Ponderosa in USA - all you can eat breakfast for $1.99!!!!!
    American breakfast normally includes pancakes, bacon, patties, fried eggs, scrambled eggs and all sorts of other crap. Yes it is true, some fat giots do eat ice cream for breakfast in america
    you can get a grand slam at Denny's for $1.99...if my memory serves me correctly, that's two eggs, two pancakes, two sausages or two peices of bacon

ReputationRep:
    I dunno who eats ice cream for breakfast!
    OMG.

well malays etc eat spicy anchovy curry with rice (technically called Nasi Lemak) for breakfast, so each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    you can get a grand slam at Denny's for $1.99...if my memory serves me correctly, that's two eggs, two pancakes, two sausages or two peices of bacon
    mmmm i remember Dennys - great burgers!
    that doesnt beat all you can eat menus though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    nice!

umm maths with mathematical physics...

i'll probably end up shopping the the Paddington Sainsburys for my groceries ... my student loan won't last a week if i go to harrods!
    a little tip...go to sainsbury's at the end of the day, just before closing time and you'll get all kinds of things reduced! My friend manages to get a pack of 6 bagels for 20p, guacamole for 10p etc...she's the most savvy shopper i know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    a little tip...go to sainsbury's at the end of the day, just before closing time and you'll get all kinds of things reduced! My friend manages to get a pack of 6 bagels for 20p, guacamole for 10p etc...she's the most savvy shopper i know!
    sounds good. i'll look out for that! i do the same occasionally if i drop by at waitrose on my way home in the evenings.

their luxury bistro range sandwiches (normal cost £3.50 each). i managed to buy a crayfish and rocket salad sandwich, and a lincolnshire egg, bacon and free range egg sandwich for about 35p each. mmmmmm....

ReputationRep:
    Bacon, eggs, home fries, (which are potato stuff), mushrooms and bread.
    Mushrooms for breakfast!? Ick!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.