Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't really have that many friends anymore. watch

ReputationRep:
    Im 15 and I have 1 best friend who's on holiday pretty much the whole summer, 1 friend who lives quite far away and I'd only meet her with the girl on holiday. And a boyfriend.

And I thought I had another best friend living quite close to me but I think she has ditched me for some of her new friends.

I used to have be in a group of bout 6 friends but since then some have started dating and I spent more time with my best friend whos on holiday.

Now I don't really hang out with the group as they just never invite me anywhere or even add me on a group chat.

Opinions ???

It's summer so am I just meant 2 sit at home all day ???
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by anonomon)
    Im 15 and I have 1 best friend who's on holiday pretty much the whole summer, 1 friend who lives quite far away and I'd only meet her with the girl on holiday. And a boyfriend.

And I thought I had another best friend living quite close to me but I think she has ditched me for some of her new friends.

I used to have be in a group of bout 6 friends but since then some have started dating and I spent more time with my best friend whos on holiday.

Now I don't really hang out with the group as they just never invite me anywhere or even add me on a group chat.

Opinions ???

It's summer so am I just meant 2 sit at home all day ???
    I know it sucks, but it happens. Maybe you could try organising something with that friend that's a little further away. Even though you usually see her with your other friend, it doesn't mean you can't hang out just you two. You may find you get even closer! Friendship groups are really awkward. The same thing happened to me. Just ask a few of them if they want to go out and organise something. You don't have to be part of their group chats and stuff to be their friends. It's a little weird when you're not used to it, but it's totally fine. Maybe you could find some volunteering work or something if you don't want to or can't meet up with those friends. It'd get you out of the house, would give you the opportunity to learn new skills and give something back to the community, and you'd make new friends. I hope I helped!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.