The Student Room Group

Driving Instructor Stories!

So who is/was your driving instructor?How many did you have? Funny moments with them? Funny quotes:rofl:? Or even better funny times, when they said something totally unexpected(swore etc, said you could do something illegal) or something that shocked you when they drove :laugh:? I want all the good, the bad and the ugly, I needs me a laugh :biggrin:.
Well here goes, I'll start us off :proud:If everyone who posts wants to, fill out the little form like I did to tell us everything
Okay so my first instructor:
Name: Glen
Driving School(opt.): Ken's Driving School
Marks overall out of 10: 0/10
Funny moments: None, I didn't have time to laugh, he totally stressed me out the ****ing nooob!
Unexpected moments: None,except the crunching incident mentioned later on
Shocking driving: He generally sucked.
Funny quotes: None :vmad:
Comments: I hate Glen, he is teh sux0rs. He couldn't even change gears properly :rolleyes: after driving me home after one lesson he crunched the gearstick while changing and said " well I had the clutch down etc." yeah right :indiff: basically hated him! grrr had about 4/5 lessons with him.
Current instructor:

Name: Geoff :love:
Driving School(opt.):
Marks overall out of 10: 10/10
Funny moments: So many!! haha, when I stalled about a million times on one part and he wasn't even stressed at all,more amused. His little habit of humming all the time to get through the stress and smoking(out of lessons) etc. Haha. Also that one time it stunk real bad in the car :s: I think he farted out of fear or something :laugh:
Unexpected moments:h:aha he makes me laugh so much when people get in my way when driving , like when I was about to go on a roundabout I was like wooo all clear and I went out and this chinese man got in front of me at the last minute and he was like " hey! hey you what are you doing" out of the window:rofl:. And when people drive really fast and pull out in front of him he's like "HEY" and rolling down his window :toofunny: what a legend!
Shocking driving: None, I'm the only shocking driver haha.
Funny quotes: His all time favourite " What are you trying to do to me?" and a kinda mix of " wooooooowaaa" when I almost crash and clicking noise. Haha I do wonders for his blood pressure. And also when I was doing parell park he was like " nah don't worry about his driveway just do your manouvere", what a ledge:p:
Comments: Geoff is a complete and utter ledge! He has helped me so much with my driving, and I don't wanna pass too soon(fat chance of that anyway) cus he is soooo awesome :suith:. He's so relaxed(most of the time) , never ever shouts and puts up with all my stupidity! I should of gone with him first time tbh :smile: IF any of you live in Essexish area and need a driving instructor gimme a PM because this guy is excellent:proud:

So come on guys post your juicy stories :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My driving instructor was a lesbian, although she was old and wasn't good looking.
Reply 2
:bump:
My old instructor, Paul, used to be a shepherd, which I found quite cool, although his stories of magpies were a bit grim ( :smile: ) and he had a habit of shouting at his ex-pupil to smile more when we passed them. Also used to encourage me "not to be afraid of the speed limit."
My IAM observer (first one - down in Yorkshire), Rob, was cool. It's a different type of instruction, and given the nature of the driving it's understandable but it's a bit odd the first time you hear an instructor telling you to "floor it, no, don't shift yet, let the engine sing. Use all the revs." Happy days. Mind you, as we were in my little Daihatsu he did always seem suprised how often we got cut up by other drivers, and how long it took to get to overtaking speed...
Reply 4
First instructor: Rachel
Company: 4 wheelz
Rating: 4/10
Comments: Had her for 8 lessons. She was a really nice lady, went at a bit of a slow pace though. 8 Lessons in she said she had to go in for her license to be an instructor reviewed and that I should call her back afterwards to arrange the next lesson. Funnily enough she disappeared off the face of the earth after that and all 4 wheelz had to say was she was no longer with the company and that I'd have to wait a few weeks for a new instructor - great :mad:

Second Instructor: Cant even remember her name but she was a complete b!tch
Company: 4 wheelz again
Rating: 0/10
Comments: No patience whatsoever. Made me feel embarrassed to be in the car with her with my "lack of knowledge" about manouvers and general procedures. Reduced me to tears a few times. After around 15 lessons I gave up, I was too scared to get back into the car with her. There was this one time when I was on a large three lane roundabout and I heard sirens, I asked her what I should do and she said "stop...no wait, carry on....omg what are you doing stop the car theres sirens? Cant you see them, the police are right behind us *grabs the steering wheel*.....god *angry face*" :mad: ARGH. She gave me very little encouragement and then she went and got herself pregnant and wanted me to take my test immediately before her maternity leave. I knew I wasnt ready and that with another upsetting incident was the last straw and I quit driving for a month. God help her kid.

Third instructor: Trisha
Company: Indepent driving instructor
Rating: 10/10
Comments: My god was I lucky to find this woman. She taught my mom to drive 10 YEARS ago and it was by chance one day that my nan was looking through her old diaries and found her phone number. It was just too good to be true! The odds were stacked against me that she would actually still live around here, had not retired and actually still went by that phone number but she answered. My driving career was saved! She was such a lovey woman, so patient, funny and gave me back the confidence I needed to drive again. I had oo, 15 or so lessons with her and I felt I learnt more in that time than I'd ever learnt before. She booked my practical test for me so it was a sort of "Suprise!!" in the post one morning. The morning of my test I was in a right state, panicing, felt so sick and thought i was going to burst into tears any minute. All she said to me was, if I really felt this bad then we could just forget the test and go for a drive but I knew I couldnt back out so I got in the car and went for a good drive before the test and she just calmed me down so much. I passed first time in february even with all the crap that had happened in the past and I got her a little pot plant as a thankyou ^_^
Reply 5
awww :love:
My driving instructor looked like Paul from The Chuckle Brothers. He owned. 10/10 :biggrin:
Reply 7
Ahhh Tahir, the legend. Hes quiet and always tells me to go slowely, but tells me to floor it whenever we are in a 30 mile zone, love it. Hes great.
Reply 8
nnkuk... is he from East London? if so what driving school is he with? Might know him lol
Reply 9
The first one was a complete freak...permatanned, this awful sing-song voice, basically didn't let you do any driving! I hated him!

The second was cool, felt at ease in the car with her and we'd have a little chat, she always had sweets in the car which was good :biggrin: But every lesson pretty much I'd have to stop off and get petrol, which'd take a good 10 minutes or so out of the lesson, and once she even made me go to McDonald's for her :O But she wasn't all that good, had like 40 hours with her yet I still didn't pass my test and she never picked me up on my bad habits, so I've had to unlearn a lot of what I did before. She was always late too (one of the last lessons before my test she was 30 minutes late, cow! And always finished the lesson early!).

My current one's ok, she's a fairly good instructor but she's a bit strict :P She also annoys me by telling me to go faster even when I'm at the speed limit, and if I make a mistake she'll be like, "You did that, I don't know why you did that, you shouldn't have done that back there" and then have the cheek to tell me I shouldn't dwell on my mistakes! Well I wouldn't if you didn't keep going on about them!
Reply 10
maybe you should consider ANOTHER new instructor :wink:
Reply 11
I only had one instructor, and he was really great! We always had a laugh, and we'd always talk about non driving things in the car. He was always demanding why I hadn't got a boyfriend yet, hehe. He texts me sometimes to make sure everything's going ok, and I'm going to do my pass plus with him at some point. He was also an excellent teacher - most of his pupils pass first time, with really low minor scores.
Reply 12
wesetters
First instructor - Dee
independent
10/10
fantastic, never stopped talking, lol. i actually felt reasonably confident driving with her. She didn't even get cross when I was a passenger and put my foot under the dual-control brake pedal. :redface:

2nd instructor
5/10
Scared me loads. :p: She'd go on about my mistakes at the end of my lesson for ages. Shouted at me for putting the handbrake too far up. Grr. It was a relief to be doing my test with an examiner, far less stressful than a lesson.

why did you change when your first one was so good?!
Reply 13
unknown2693
nnkuk... is he from East London? if so what driving school is he with? Might know him lol

I think maybe you should tell me where the person you know works and I'll tell you :wink:
Mine was a bloody pervert- He was called joe, and quite possibly the Ugliest man you have ever seen. He looked exactly like Plug (I think thats his name) from the beano. He had the teeth and eveything.

One time, on my first ever driving lesson on a dual carriageway he randomly said out of nowhere 'So do you like sex then'
And I was like what the ****?
At the time I had literally just turned 17 aswell, it was about a week after my birthday.

Another time he said to me as I was driving 'Do you mind if I touch your leg?'

I always used to have 3 hour lessons aswell (as I was doing a driving course) and he always used to take me to this foresty place in epping forest that is well known for dogging! Its actually quite scary thinking back what a weirdo he was. When we got there he was always trying to buy me drinks and burgers from the burger van there too.

Weird.
My driving instructor was named Mr. Carr.
Reply 16
louisedotcom
Mine was a bloody pervert- He was called joe, and quite possibly the Ugliest man you have ever seen. He looked exactly like Plug (I think thats his name) from the beano. He had the teeth and eveything.

One time, on my first ever driving lesson on a dual carriageway he randomly said out of nowhere 'So do you like sex then'
And I was like what the ****?
At the time I had literally just turned 17 aswell, it was about a week after my birthday.

Another time he said to me as I was driving 'Do you mind if I touch your leg?'

I always used to have 3 hour lessons aswell (as I was doing a driving course) and he always used to take me to this foresty place in epping forest that is well known for dogging! Its actually quite scary thinking back what a weirdo he was. When we got there he was always trying to buy me drinks and burgers from the burger van there too.

Weird.

ewwww omg :s-smilie:
nnkuk
I think maybe you should tell me where the person you know works and I'll tell you :wink:

ok sure... the guy I know works at Driveway School of Motoring?

Have I got the right one? There's probably a hundred Tahir's lol.
Reply 18
LOL No, sorry. I think I know of Driveway though. My mum learnt there I think about 15 years ago. How do you know this guy? Is he any good? I might try him out.
Well i had one other instructor before this one, and he was totally unorganised, and was never on time. I only had about 5 lessons with him and then after apparently his wife was pregnant and he also had a new store or something to open, and i really did not have the time to wait for him to get back into schedule, so I fished around for another driver, that actually belonged to a company that wouldn't screw me up. LOL

Anyways... i've had about 5 lessons with this guy, and he seems pretty good. Well he knows all his stuff quite well, and as I am really keen on passing my driving before September, I told him that I booked my test for late August, and he goes no problem! He already reckons i'll pass lol, so the motivation is really good with this guy as opposed to other instructors. We do have some jokes quite often as well, but overall he understands i'm serious to pass and he's really helping me in achieving it. Oh, and, he's always on time! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending