Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I cant afford one but if you had the money which one would you guys prefer

ReputationRep:
    307 all day long, nice cars, my mate has the normal 307 1.6 HDI (110).

ReputationRep:
    307 again, it's being replaced by the 308 soon so hopefully the problems will be improved too but the Focus cc will probably be the better drive, and then the Eos looks great, has the best roof and the 2.0T FSI from the Golf GTI, for an extra few £k it's by far the best out of all of them!

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand the way the 207 looks, its all squashed down/the bonnet is elongated and the lights are all bulbous and odd

ReputationRep:
    Do you people no nothing about cars? :eek:

Both cars are completely rubbish. They are heavy, slow, and sluggish to drive. Oblivious people get sucked in by the roof 'wooow look at the way it folds'. They have 0-60 time a van can beat.

ReputationRep:
    Life isn't a sprint to 60....especially not in an open top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    Life isn't a sprint to 60....especially not in an open top.
    You just picked out one point. If it's not a car built for speed, nor for driving. Then what is it built for. Going around town doing 15mph saying 'look at me with my funky folding roof' ?

Go drive one, and you'll see exactly where i'm coming, unless you own, then your view will be biased anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No, i picked on your only point:

"heavy, slow, and sluggish" - they are all the same thing. If I owned one, would that be bias or suggest I had made a considered decision to buy one for specific reasons?

And yes, of course it is a car based on image, nobody sells it as anything else? Yet that's so obvious I am not sure why you would question it? I am sure the 180 bhp 307 cc is a spirited drive... Regardless of that, the wind in your face experience is not just about it being a quick car or even a good handling car, it's about something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR 51NGH)
    Do you not have the ability to read? :eek:

He asked which we prefer, out of those, not "which do you prefer, oh yeah, add other things to the poll"
    Crikey...

"Go drive one, and you'll see exactly where i'm coming, unless you own, then your view will be biased anyway."

From what i recall you're what, 16?
    Your profile says your in year11 anyway,
    Have you driven one? Or are you just basing your opinions on things you've read on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR 51NGH)

Both cars are completely rubbish. They are heavy, slow, and sluggish to drive. Oblivious people get sucked in by the roof 'wooow look at the way it folds'. They have 0-60 time a van can beat.
    My car has a 0-60 time of an 80's TVR. You couldnt get 4 adults in it and 20 pieces of 2'X4' from wikkes though.

Different cars, different uses.

They are both cheap n cheerful shopping trolleys. They dont pretend to be fast. They arnt. Its budget transport with the added medium of comfort.
    Not everyone needs to shred tyres at every set of lights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olyy)
    Do you not have the ability to read? :eek:

He asked which we prefer, out of those, not "which do you prefer, oh yeah, add other things to the poll"
    Crikey...

"Go drive one, and you'll see exactly where i'm coming, unless you own, then your view will be biased anyway."

From what i recall you're what, 16?
    Your profile says your in year11 anyway,
    Have you driven one? Or are you just basing your opinions on things you've read on the internet?
    As I have nothing better to do than read reviews on a Peugeot CC

Yes I am 16. Yes I have driven one. The 307CC, My aunt owns one and has acres of land around her home. My Uncle has told me everything wrong with it, since day one of owning it. The car itself, the build quality, the dealership etc etc

Once again, everyone seems to not understand my post, I didn't say the car should be fast or is trying to be fast. I'm just saying overall it is a rubbish car, with first hand opinions to back my claim. You've all admitted that you agree the car is not made for handling nor speed. So you would go buy a slow rubbish handling car just so you look good? how shallow can you get. Also quite ironic you won't look all that good as it's a Peugeot anyway.

People get so defensive, it's as if you own the car. My opinion, I don't care if you agree or not, that is what a forum is for.

btw I take back the accusation of you people not knowing anything about cars :p:

ReputationRep:
    Your "opinion" is not fact like you want to think, however.

ReputationRep:
    People that know bugger all about cars state there opinion as fact.
    The more I learn about my flee the more I realise that my opinions mean bugger all! and anyone daft enough to listen to me deserves everything they get!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know the 307 isn't a great handling car, or particularly fast in it's less powerful engines, but the majority of the people buying this car are not experts/enthusiasts! The main fact is it's convertible and has 4 seats, and isn't bad looking - that's more enough to sell it to plenty of people!
    As I mentioned above, the Focus cc will handle nearly as well as most small hatchbacks and you can have the VW Eos with the GTI engine or the 250bhp V6, neither of which are not particularly slow off the mark!

ReputationRep:
    Your "opinion" is not fact like you want to think, however.
    I did not say my opinion is a fact hence the term 'opinion' :rolleyes: Don't know what your problem is, just because I have a different view than everyone else who has posted in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Because your post is patronising and wrong?

Do you people no nothing about cars?

Firstly, I know a lot more about cars than you. Secondly, neither car is rubbish - that's not an opinion or a fact. They are heavy? Heavier than what? Slow? 0-60 in 9 seconds slow? Well not really, so that's wrong. Sluggish? See comment about slow. A van can beat the 0-60? Not many vans do 0-60 in 9 seconds, even if 9 seconds isn't amazingly quick.

I don't have a problem, I am simply defending the thread from your fairly misguided "opinion". That's why it is a forum

ReputationRep:
    Not many vans do 0-60 in 9 seconds, even if 9 seconds isn't amazingly quick.
    Ford Transit Connect X-Press:
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...ct_xpress.html

Astravan 888:
    http://www.whatvan.co.uk/newvans_s.asp?id=4497

ReputationRep:
    Hence not many I imagine the top of the range VW transporter will do it in around that time.

ReputationRep:
    Because your post is patronising and wrong?

Firstly, I know a lot more about cars than you. Secondly, neither car is rubbish - that's not an opinion or a fact. They are heavy? Heavier than what? Slow? 0-60 in 9 seconds slow? Well not really, so that's wrong. Sluggish? See comment about slow. A van can beat the 0-60? Not many vans do 0-60 in 9 seconds, even if 9 seconds isn't amazingly quick.

I don't have a problem, I am simply defending the thread from your fairly misguided "opinion". That's why it is a forum

The top of the range 2.0 180BHP one does 0-60 in 10 seconds, don't know where you got your 9 seconds from but it is obviously wrong. Even that is if you get the top of the range one, others near 13seconds, and yes alot of vans can beat 13seconds.

It's not a misguided opinion. My Uncle has owned one for 2 years, it is slow nor can it handle and has alot of problems which the Peugeot garage are extremely unhelpful.

You should do some more research with your internet stats. :rolleyes:

and if you botherd to read other posts you could see I took back the statement of you not knowing anything abouts cars.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to check your statistics and even then, understand what you're talking about rather than look at numbers on the internet.

With all due respect, I don't listen to 16 year olds give opinions on cars for plenty of very obvious reasons.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 16, 2016
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.