Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a student from HK and will be exchange at UoS for a semester. I paid for the accommodation at Allen Court. But after I bought the air ticket that I will arrive at manchester at 12th Sep, I noticed the residence period is 17th Sep to 4th Feb. I am now so worried about whether the department will let me check in on 12th. And when will the E-induction and Key collection email be sent to me? Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Just checked. So now I should book the orientation accommodation until 16th Sep? PS I will take part in the orientation week.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by fd1565dasd)
    I am a student from HK and will be exchange at UoS for a semester. I paid for the accommodation at Allen Court. But after I bought the air ticket that I will arrive at manchester at 12th Sep, I noticed the residence period is 17th Sep to 4th Feb. I am now so worried about whether the department will let me check in on 12th. And when will the E-induction and Key collection email be sent to me? Thanks a lot.
    Hello,

I'm Caroline, I work in the Accommodation & Commercial Services Department at the University of Sheffield and I'm here to answer any questions you have about accommodation. It looks like you've already found the answer to your question, yes we would recommend joining the Orientation Week if you will be arriving earlier than the start date stated on your accommodation contract. Here is a link to our information about moving in on the University website: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/arriving

After you accept your accommodation contract, you'll be emailed your own personalised username and password to enable you to access the accommodation E-induction. Then the e-induction will include the details about key collection.

I hope this helps

Caroline, Marketing & Communications Coordinator

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.