Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

anyone know of anyone that was found TMU at medical and then everything turned out ok.

I am feeling down at mo because today at med i passed everything but then he mentioned that because i was concussed (no problems since and no scan, x-ray, nothing since or at time) 2 years ago he could not sign it off completely and would have to wait to seen what cranwell say.

any kind words for me gratefully apprec

thanx:p:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's best just to sit and wait for Cranwell's response.

the only consolation i can give you is that Cranwell do look at every case on it's merits, and your circumstances will be dealt with individually. They do have common sense and a great medical knowledge and i'm sure that they will look at your case sensibly and if, as you say, it's something that isn't affecting you now, then all will be fine.

Don't fret on it, they're not out to get you.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it was at a medical, or via submission of GP's notes, but we had a thread a few weeks ago on this topic, and someone (can't remember who it was, sorry!) who was TMU wrote an appeal letter and got a phonecall the next day to tell them they were now considered fit ... have a hunt around and you should find it! So, it CAN happen - it's not just an automatic fail.

I'm TMU at present, awaiting appeal, so chin up and fingers crossed - and remember that if they don't want us, it is for a very good reason!

ReputationRep:
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    theo1977

sorry to hear you are also in TMU, i take it you have had your decision already if you are now in appeal, Did you have to wait long for the reply and way it in the form of a letter or telephone call, they said i would have to wait about a week to hear back.

ReputationRep:
    curtbecca

I'm not sure exactly how long it took from them receiving my records from my GP to contacting me to declare me TMU - it wasn't more than a couple of weeks at most. What with summer holidays:mad: , I discovered yesterday that the appeal letter only went out from my GP last Wednesday, and OASC has informed me that I can expect to hear within four weeks from the date they receive the appeal letter. I'd expect it to be quicker than that, as they generally seem very efficient, but again, with summer holiday delays ...

They must respond within four weeks, if that's any help!

ReputationRep:
    thanx

do they send for the gp notes before they make a decision.

If they do, then that should be fine, because i have not visited the docs at all since before the incident, i didnt even go to the gp when the incidient happened.

I was going to go to the docs to see if they would write a letter to confirm everything was ok.

Do you think this is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wait to hear from Cranwell, and IF they find a problem, then you can ask them how best to go about appealing it, and what evidence you might need to produce. If your GP doesn't have any notes on any follow-up to the incident and didn't treat you at the time, they can't confirm it wasn't a problem - they can only confirm they didn't give you treatment. Your GPs file WILL have your notes from the hospital, unless you saw a private doctor.

You might find that Cranwell wants you to undergo some kind of further testing, or they might want your full notes, or they might make a decision based on what they already have, but really you'll have to wait until they've had a look at your case. Don't worry - just treat the delay as extra time to prepare and get even fitter! There isn't much point in doing anything until you know what the verdict is - I know it's frustrating, but just try to stay focused on everything else - medical fitness is something you cannot control, so don't worry about it until there's something you can do!

ReputationRep:
    thanx for the info, your right there is nothing i can do at present but stay positive, i just hope the next few weeks go quick, and that i will hear shortly.

ReputationRep:
    I was found TMU - nothing too serious, just that before I can accept any offer of service that is made:

1. I have to lose about 10-12 kilos (no biggie), and
    2. I have to have an opthalmologist examine a slight elongation of my retinal disk, since (I was told) they didnt have the facilities at OASC to accurately judge whether this abnormality would have an impact on my vision. The optician at OASC suspected it may have been caused by a blow to the head I received when kickboxing.
    (Nutshell - I need to get a referral to my local hospital's eye clinic for a few specific tests)

I've been told that neither of these are an impediment for my selection eligibility, but are issues that I will need to resolve before I can enter.

As for the weight loss requirement, I am returning... with speed... to the gym

ReputationRep:
    Good to see that you are keeping up the fitness, and i hope all else is well.
    Did it take long to get back to you when they put you as TMU,

im hoping that all will be ok with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtbecca)
    Good to see that you are keeping up the fitness, and i hope all else is well.
    Did it take long to get back to you when they put you as TMU,

im hoping that all will be ok with me

Im sure you'll be okay - with me, they TMU'd me face-to-face at OASC. They told me that while it wouldnt affect my selectability, any offer of service would be conditional, pending resolution of the TMU points

Got to lose about a stone and a half in the next few months, considering I've already done that in the past 4, doing it again in the next 3 shouldnt be too much of a stretch

ReputationRep:
    yes they also TMU'D me face to face as well and said that i would have to wait to hear back form cranwell.

Passed the rest of the med with flying colours, also so that i would be ok for HGV driving. !!!

one thing i was a little confused about was that on the envelope that they fill out and put as TMU, they also put 1/2 (half) by it ?

ReputationRep:
    curtbecca, don't be too disheartened.... I was found PMU but with just one appeal letter i am now the proud owner of a place on IOT 10!!

ReputationRep:
    I was TMU right up to 5 days before IOT date. Was given provisional date for IOT pending medical clearance. Spent 3 months chasing OASC medical people, hospitals and GP. You do need to keep chasing them, So stick with it.

ReputationRep:
    thanx,

was told by the cmp that i would hear back in about a week which is now, but when i went back to the AFCO they said it would take a month, It is all in the hands of cranwell.

i am hoping to train as a tech electrician.

i am optimistic that everything will be ok, purely for the fact that there is nothing wrong with me and there was nothing really wrong at the time, except for me babbling a bit, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

how long did you wait for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonUWIC)
    curtbecca, don't be too disheartened.... I was found PMU but with just one appeal letter i am now the proud owner of a place on IOT 10!!
    Hey Jon, glad to hear it! Although i never saw you at OASC after all. It must've gone well though!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.