The Student Room Group
Reply 1
2007 Applications and yes you can do either.
You'll be entered for 2007, but you have to submit a UCAS application before you can apply through Clearing- you can't just phone them up if you haven't actually applied because you won't be eligible.
Reply 3
There will lots of good stuff in clearing this year i read in the times that thousands of studes have withdrawn from UCAS becuase Gordon Browns new announcements for Loands and Grants for 2008
Ezekiel
There will lots of good stuff in clearing this year i read in the times that thousands of studes have withdrawn from UCAS becuase Gordon Browns new announcements for Loands and Grants for 2008

That isn't backed up by the stats from UCAS I'm afraid. Students withdrawing is down 3% on last year.

It may change once people have their results though.
Reply 5
PQ
That isn't backed up by the stats from UCAS I'm afraid. Students withdrawing is down 3% on last year.

It may change once people have their results though.

really? i read it in a educaiton bit from either the gaurdian or the times i think it was the times. Were these UCAS statistics taken before or after Blair went? As Brown made suprise announcemtns about 2008.
Ezekiel
really? i read it in a educaiton bit from either the gaurdian or the times i think it was the times. Were these UCAS statistics taken before or after Blair went? As Brown made suprise announcemtns about 2008.

They're from the 9th July
Reply 7
how odd, maybe it wa released in july and they used infomation before that or maybe the article said thousands expected to writhdraw. I know i read i though.
well the stats weren't released on the 9th July they're FROM the 9th of July

Anyone with any sense would wait until results day before deciding to withdraw and reapply to get better funding though - until you know how likely you are to get a place after a year out (ie know how good your actual grades are) then it's a bit daft to withdraw.

Latest

Trending

Trending