The Student Room Group

got an "we're interviewing others" email. Does this mean I didn't get the job ?

image.jpg

Obviously meant interviewing
(edited 7 years ago)
You're still in contention.
Original post by Kush008
image.jpg

Obviously meant interviewing

I've edited your title. I think the message is trying to be neutral. The fact that they want you to let them know if you get another job elsewhere is possibly indicating that they haven't ruled you out. TBH, though, you are just going to have to sit tight and wait, however agonising it may be. At least they sent you a message. That piece of job etiquette has largely gone out of the window these days.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I've edited your title. I think the message is trying to be neutral. The fact that they want you to let them know if you get another job elsewhere is possibly indicating that they haven't ruled you out. TBH, though, you are just going to have to sit tight and wait, however agonising it may be. At least they sent you a message. That piece of job etiquette has largely gone out of the window these days.

Yeah, agreed. I'm getting used to sitting tight and waiting, I've done it for the last six months. I was just put off by the fact they mentioned they will provide me with feedback after Wednesday - rather than a straight decision. The flip side is, if they were going to reject my application, I'm sure they would have mentioned that in the email.
Original post by Kush008
Yeah, agreed. I'm getting used to sitting tight and waiting, I've done it for the last six months. I was just put off by the fact they mentioned they will provide me with feedback after Wednesday - rather than a straight decision. The flip side is, if they were going to reject my application, I'm sure they would have mentioned that in the email.

Since it's for a number of positions, they will want to see the full picture before they decide. It could work either way. They could be going to give you the job now, but someone amazing comes along on Wednesday, but equally, they might not be sure about you right now, but no one better comes along on Wednesday to replace you, or any number of similar scenarios. Only they know, I'm afraid.
Reply 5
Ha - they've not responded. It's been a week now, I find it unprofessional of them not to even give me a feedback. And I'm sure it doesn't take that long to come to a decision of whether or not they want to hire me
Original post by Kush008
Ha - they've not responded. It's been a week now, I find it unprofessional of them not to even give me a feedback. And I'm sure it doesn't take that long to come to a decision of whether or not they want to hire me

If they were still interviewing after your last contact a week ago, then they could easily not have made a decision yet. They may have only finished interviewing today, and then the individuals have to score all candidates and make their decisions, and then meet collectively and compare scores and decide the final shortlist. When this work is done in addition to everyone's standard work schedule of meetings, deadlines etc, a week is not long at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending