Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've been looking at a couple of MSc Finance and most of them state that they would look place some emphasis on quantitative modules.

I'm currently doing my BSc in Accounting and Finance. And while they there are a few numbers related modules, I don't know how quantitative I would consider them.

Does anyone know how the universities consider the these modules when assessing your application?

Cheers!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If they were bothered about it they would mention it in their entry requirements. You can always email and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    If they were bothered about it they would mention it in their entry requirements. You can always email and ask.
    I have emailed them, unfortunately, they said that they couldn't assess my modules unless I made a formal application. Thus I was hoping someone in the forum might have had experience with this; I.e. Applying and getting accepted with a non-Mathematics or Economics based degree, etc.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Well then apply and find out. You have nothing to lose unless there's an application fee. I'd be very wary of basing my decision to apply somewhere or not based on what someone on here says.

ReputationRep:
    I would think A&F --> F would be a perfectly logical progression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    I would think A&F --> F would be a perfectly logical progression.
    That's what I thought as well, a lot of schools seem to prefer economics or mathematics for an undergraduate degree. Warwick even replied saying that I wouldn't be considered if I didn't have a strong economics foundation as part of my course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.