Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    i need you're help. don't know what make up to wear, usually i just have mascara, but i would like something more. on my eyes, lips and powder and stuff. i want it to be natural and discrete but i've had some problems with this.
    i've been to different make up courses (body shop, make up store, a spa) but the problem is that because i have dark skin (asian) they always put on very dramatic colours, like red lips and and green or purple eye shadows. because my skin colour is "strong" enough to wear it, but i don't like it.
    i was thinking about red/orange ish lipstick, but don't know. what do you think?
    when it comes to this, i'm clueless i'm afraid and i would really appreciate some help.

personally i prefer women who don't wear make-up and i know a lot of guys who feel the same, having a darker shade of skin means you need to use less make-up products as you already have colour to your skin and a nice tone there as well. maybe go with some slightly lighter colours rather than the darker bold colours and use it to highlight.

ReputationRep:
    how about just some shimmery highlighter? i lovr macs irridescent powder it gives a healthy glow nd the shimmer evens out skin tone without gloopy foundtion

ReputationRep:
    usually just eyeliner and gloss (or vaseline) is the best way forward. try using different colours of eyeliner but stick to the dark colours. e.g. i have dark skin like you and i use dark green eyeliner, navy blue, dark purple, brown and black. not at the same time tho!

when going out i usually wear eyeliner, mascara and brown eyeshadow to highlight and add shimmer

ReputationRep:
    you can wear silver eyeshadow or pale sparkly beige or even very light pink. it will look bright but not 'loud' and will look good against your skin.

ReputationRep:
    Hay ;
    I have dark skin as well and found it a problem until I went to MAC where I had my makeover. I stated that I didnt really wear that much make up and just wanted to wear something that would improve the appearance of my skin and would really natural.

Overall I'd say gold & bronze colours look good, you could wear a shimmering gold/bronze colour in the day and use with mascara & eyeliner for a more dramatic effect if you are going on a night out. Think of colours that match your eye colour also, you mentioned green eyeshadow, try using a less opaque colour with peachy lipgloss to be more natural. Then you can make the colour more intense for a night out. As a general rule though Id say either make your eyes or your mouth the most prominent feature e.g. Bright red lips with subtle eyeshadow and vice versa. If you can pull it off - You go girl.
    My advice is if you've got great skin try avoiding foundation and wear tinted moisturiser or a light foundation formula. I think having a good base & great looking skin is half the battle.
    Wear what makes you feel comfortable.

Sorry 4 babbling on!!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.