Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone know whether this is a legit apple email address? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just got an invoice from [email protected]. Had two before and they were obviously scam emails but this one ends in .apple.com. Anyone know if this is a legit email address?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    OMG i just had the same one, saying i'd purchased some app on my phone and i got an email with the receipt but theres no trace of this email or anything :O my email is the exact same as yours, so it must be a scam! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2007PSanHa)
    Just got an invoice from [email protected]. Had two before and they were obviously scam emails but this one ends in .apple.com. Anyone know if this is a legit email address?
    Thank you!
    Probably a scam. It's very easy to 'spoof' email addresses
    http://lifehacker.com/how-spammers-s...ote-1579478914

ReputationRep:
    checkcoverage seems sketchy, even if it does end in .apple.com you can easily make a domain with something infront of that
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you're not sure, contact Apple.

The address my invoice from Apple was [email protected] for example.

ReputationRep:
    Must be the same then! Definitely a scam and I've reported it to apple. Just hope it can be sorted because I've received 4 now!
    (Original post by LeahSakura)
    OMG i just had the same one, saying i'd purchased some app on my phone and i got an email with the receipt but theres no trace of this email or anything :O my email is the exact same as yours, so it must be a scam! :O
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's fake as the link in the email sends you to a random site. I get these emails and I don't even have an Apple account

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    This is a scam going around. Not legit!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.