Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I finished my access course a few weeks back and my tutor has confirmed how many credits I've acheived. I'm just wondering whether anyone can confirm whether you send your results direct to the University? I ask as I've just been reading the UCAS advice for applicants booklet and it appears to suggest that you do? Does anyone know for sure?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. What happens is, if you have A' levels, you tell ucas your results and they inform your firm. When you do an access course, you have to send the certificate (or copy of it) to the uni admissions. Not sure if your uni will require the original, or a copy. Ring them and check.

Congrats on passing your access course btw!

ReputationRep:
    My college has passed on my results for my access course, but some might not and there is no harm in sending it yourself to make sure.

I thought colleges sent on A level results, do we definetley have to do that ourselves???

ReputationRep:
    Hi, have just finished my Access course and have had to send confirmation of my credit scores to the Uni myself.
    Apparently, it depends on whether your college are affiliated with UCAS to send your results through or nor, or something like that!! No-one (including the tutors...) at my College seemed to know. Anyway the College sent us all a 'to whom it may concern letter' to send until we get our certificates in September.
    I hope this helps.....was very confused too!

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Same here.... I received a letter from the programme leader stating that the moderator has confirmed the credits for my work, and have completed the access course and will be awarded the certificate.

well done on passing the course.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.