Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive got naturally kinda wavy hair (Actually probs more full of kinks!) I usually straighten it but keep trying to curl it with my GHDs.
    My hairdresser did this for me for my prom last year, but everytime i try it the way she did it i can never do it, it usually just kinks right like the shape of the GHDs.

So what am i doing wrong? Or in general how do i actually curl it!?
    Thanks guys
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My sister (mistress of the GHDs) assures me there is a video on the GHD website.

^^That is correct

ReputationRep:
    you use it like curlers really
    put the ends of your hair in the straightners, close the straightners and wrap your hair round the outside of them til its all wrapped up, wait for a minute....then pull the straightners down so all the hair unwraps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elleee)
    you use it like curlers really
    put the ends of your hair in the straightners, close the straightners and wrap your hair round the outside of them til its all wrapped up, wait for a minute....then pull the straightners down so all the hair unwraps
    Oh really? I clamp the straighteners round the top of my hair, nearer the scalp (or wherever I want the curls to start), then kinda just twist the straighteners round while pulling them down the shaft of hair.

Definitely check out that video on the GHD website as the others have said..

(Original post by happy giraffe)
    Oh really? I clamp the straighteners round the top of my hair, nearer the scalp (or wherever I want the curls to start), then kinda just twist the straighteners round while pulling them down the shaft of hair.

Definitely check out that video on the GHD website as the others have said..
    Yes - you can do it that way as well. Its how a friend done my hair once for a fashion show!!!

ReputationRep:
    Did mine today with GHD's by doing the method of clamping them at the top of my hair in small sections, wrapping & dragging down. Here are the results (done roughly though!):
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Aye I always use GHDs to curl my hair. Just clamp a section at the top near the roots, then turn the ghds round like 180 degrees and pull down. Works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    i get a piece of hair and twirl round my finger, pull it of so its still circuler then press it inside the GHDs, gives more like ringlets

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sazzarina for the rep! xx

ReputationRep:
    omg i can do it ive bene trying to learn how to for ages [crap at it]but now i cna do it thank god for ghd's!

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find a video but it said that you get a DVD in the box if you buy the new model which is made for curling (it has a rounded barrel) and straightning (£119..ouch!)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot guys.

I eventually found the video and gave it a shot last night. Worked better than usually, just needs ermm perfecting!

ReputationRep:
    ooh yeah! its so cool you can curl and straighten with them!

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt work with the fat GHDs although my hair is naturally curly/wavy, so it seems slightly pointless for me...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.