Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats the live band scene like in York?

Does the Uni have a house band? Do the bars and clubs put live music on often?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    There are lots of local uni bands that play at Battle of the Bands, which happens once a year (I think...). Don't know more than that I'm afraid

As for famous bands, you get a few, but the main venue is tiny in York (I've seen InMe and Electric 6 there), but Leeds is easy and cheap to get to for gigs and they have many bands there (I've seen Reel Big Fish and Jet there, and going to see The Fray in October)

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget Sheffield and Newcastle only an hour by train away as well.

ReputationRep:
    York doesn't really have a live venue as such, as has been said, Fibbers is tiny. Leeds/Manchester get all the big bands though and they are more than accessible. Shouldn't be a problem.

Considering York's music scene is so poor, there are a surprising number of Uni bands. The Battle of the Bands competition this year was really good with tonnes of acts and some real talent on show. Definitely worth checking out in the second term.

ReputationRep:
    Punk and ska bands play @ fibbbers if your into that kinda stuff

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.