"What's your favourite….?" Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Is it just me that finds this question really hard to answer? I was asked a couple of days ago what my favourite food was and I just couldn't answer it! I looked so lame for not having an answer but I just don't seem to have a 'favourite' food… or many 'favourite' things I am absolutely certain about. :confused:

The same thing goes for songs and books, anything topical really! I find that my tastes in things are always changing and that I can never really settle on something as a 'favourite'.

What about you? Don't struggle having favourite things? Or are you like me? :erm: I'm curious. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I struggle with this too! I can usually narrow it down to a few things, but I can't pick an absolute favourite. I also often think to myself 'shall I just lie and give an obvious/easily recognisable answer?', because when it comes to my favourite book and favourite band for example, very few people have heard of them and I have to spend ages explaining!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I struggle with this too! I can usually narrow it down to a few things, but I can't pick an absolute favourite. I also often think to myself 'shall I just lie and give an obvious/easily recognisable answer?', because when it comes to my favourite book and favourite band for example, very few people have heard of them and I have to spend ages explaining!
    I do this too! I almost always end up lying just so I don't give the "I don't have a favourite lol" answer and look stupid! :lol: So frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    Same, favourite food will differ depending on how I feel. Like sometimes you really just want a burger. Other times you'd love a stir fry.

Very few things I can confidently pick a favourite in.

ReputationRep:
    I have too many favourite foods

ReputationRep:
    For me, it depends on the question. Like some users, I can answer confidently, other times it requires some thinking.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know my favourites but when put on the spot i can only come up with one or two answers

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me especially when someone asks me on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    I can never have a favourite song - I just can't. I always find a good song so its hard to have a favourite! Same with foods - deifnitely. I eat anything so meh.

ReputationRep:
    i'll usually go for pizza if anyone asks me that :beard:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Glad I'm not alone in this!

ReputationRep:
    Lol don't worry I am usually the same, I have a few favourite things and not just a favourite
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by h333)
    Lol don't worry I am usually the same, I have a few favourite things and not just a favourite
    I always find that things I don't even like pop into my head when I'm asked on the spot! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I always find that things I don't even like pop into my head when I'm asked on the spot! :lol:
    Looool the struggles :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hard question but I would say either macaroni and cheese or pizza

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.