Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Suicide Squad

ReputationRep:
    Tbh the movie wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing. Jared hardly had any screen time in the movie. Anyone else agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Tbh the movie wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing. Jared hardly had any screen time in the movie. Anyone else agree?
    Heya!

I've approved your thread as the name of the film automatically causes the thread to be put into pre-moderation. Could I ask that people joining in this discussion don't use the word 'suicide' in their posts? That way, they won't go under review and it won't interrupt you talking about it.

Gonna move this over to Film now so if it does go into review again I won't be able to fix it unfortunately.

Ethan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Heya!

I've approved your thread as the name of the film automatically causes the thread to be put into pre-moderation. Could I ask that people joining in this discussion don't use the word 'suicide' in their posts? That way, they won't go under review and it won't interrupt you talking about it.

Gonna move this over to Film now so if it does go into review again I won't be able to fix it unfortunately.

Ethan
    *facepalm*
    I just put s squad in my bucket list now its under review lol omg sorry

ReputationRep:
    S SQUAD.Thought it was a bit sh*t tbh, I knew it was going to be very tough for DC to live up to the Batman Series that the legend Christopher Nolan set up. BUT F**KING HELL have they plummeted. Terrible story, bad structure and pacing was completely off, dont even get me started on the editing. What was Warner Bros. thinking? Thankfully Will Smith and Margot Robbie played their parts well and even Jared Leto despite having little screen time. But I would agree, I thought it was a mess

ReputationRep:
    *facepalm*
    I just put s squad in my bucket list now its under review lol omg sorry
    It's ok I'll go digging for it in a mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    It's ok I'll go digging for it in a mo
    Someone approved it but when I click the notification this happens
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 85
Size:  428.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, for me it was a much better movie than I expected from the reviews. Jared's joker is not one I'm used to. He had the enthusiasm for the character but I thought the execution was poor, perhaps that part's on the director though. Margot Robbie (<3) and Will Smith played their characters amazingly so I don't have any problems with them unlike the rest of the squad. The story was flat out boring and didn't make much sense to me. It would've definitely been better if it revolved around Harley and Joker, though not sure about that 100% due to Jared's joker. Perhaps more screen time for him would've sufficed for a solid decision on that. I don't think he "lacked" screen time, so to speak, considering he was not part of the Squad and was only used as a background story character for Harley. This is where the preference of him being more integral to the story comes to play.

Overall the movie was alright, not as great nor worth the hype. A solid 6 out of 10 for me. The only good things in that movie were the action scenes, Harley, Joker, Deadshot and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I've not watched it but who ever around me has watched complains the story is weak, jokes are outdated and not funny. Lastly many people didn't liked the Joker or needed more screen time of him in movie.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to hopefully a Joker or Haley Quinn origin story film.

ReputationRep:
    No it's really great movie. i love it.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked it, I don't know why it got bad reviews.

ReputationRep:
    Margot Robbie was great, as was Will Smith. I'm undecided about Jared's Joker. I thought he was awful, but I don't know if it was poor acting or poor writing/direction. It's just so hard not to compare him to Heath Ledger's Joker, the incredible character who got me into DC in the first place.

The film, on the other hand, was absolute trash. I remember someone saying that it seemed the editors thought 'hey, people liked the trailer, let's make the whole movie like that!'. There was barely a plot and it just kind of jumped randomly from scene to scene. If this wasn't already labelled as DC with a cast people are familiar with, nobody would have enjoyed it. I feel so strongly about it because I'd been looking forward to this movie for so long and it was like they hired a bunch of GCSE film students to put it together.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.