Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gentleman: What do you wear down there? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just realised that I only ever wear jeans outside, so now I'm wondering if that is common for other males.

Chinos look and sound weird, and are well know to be for 'pretty-boys', and wearing joggers/tracksuit bottoms outside seems to be discouraged these days, especially the grey sort in which I commonly see chavs fondling their peckers. This pretty much leaves us with jeans.

Is there anyone else that only seems to wear jeans outside?

ReputationRep:
    When you said "down there" I thought you meant boxers/briefs etc.
    --
    I only wear jeans or very seldom joggers if I'm having a very lazy day.

ReputationRep:
    You only wear jeans because you've associated everything with negative, false stereotypes.
    I gather you're complaining because you only wear jeans - your choice and your fault

ReputationRep:
    Chinos just look ****, not a fan of grey joggers either. I usually wear black jeans or black trackies(not the saggy type,usually for work or out with mates).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    When you said "down there" I thought you meant boxers/briefs etc.
    Aha, I didn't really know how to say it- 'what bottoms do you wear' etc, didn't sound right.
    (Original post by RelucBeam)
    You only wear jeans because you've associated everything with negative, false stereotypes.
    I gather you're complaining because you only wear jeans - your choice and your fault
    Where do you see me complaining? I'm just asking whether other people are the same; I quite like wearing jeans.

:mmm:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I only wear Jeans. I wore light coloured chinos once, but when I washed my hands it looked as if I pissed myself, so I decided not to wear them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggly)
    Aha, I didn't really know how to say it- 'what bottoms do you wear' etc, didn't sound right.

Where do you see me complaining? I'm just asking for opinions; I quite like wearing jeans.

What trousers do you wear?

Tbh this is why I'm kind siding with the Americans here with the fact they have a word ("pants") that refer to all types of bottoms, makes it a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggly)

Where do you see me complaining? I'm just asking whether other people are the same; I quite like wearing jeans.

Trousers...:eyeroll:

ReputationRep:
    i usually wear black jeans or blue jeans. I also wear shorts and joggers. To be honest i wear whatever i feel comfortable in and i give no shits about what other people say/think of me. I don't wear chinos because they are uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much jeans when I'm outside. Sometimes chinos. Indoors I'll wear tracksuit bottoms a lot. I suppose I would wear them out more if I didn't think it was considered weird.

ReputationRep:
    I wear jeans and tracksuit bottoms - but not the really baggy ones, mainly because it doesn't suit me. You should be free to wear what you want. You shouldn't be discouraged just because you think people will view you differently for what you wear. Who cares what they think, or what you'd be known as - just wear it. But at the end of the day, it's your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Jeans mainly. Chinos (never red ones) if a smarter occasion. Chino shorts if its hot

Inside tracksuits or jeans. I don't wear tracksuits out because of the 'chavy-ness' associated with doing so.

ReputationRep:
    Chinos look fine, as long as they're not e.g. super skinny and bright purple. That said, I mostly wear jeans, or shorts if it's warm.

ReputationRep:
    What trousers do you wear?

Tbh this is why I'm kind siding with the Americans here with the fact they have a word ("pants") that refer to all types of bottoms, makes it a lot easier.
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Trousers...:eyeroll:
    I sort of think of trousers as being separate from jeans, etc. I looked online and there's a few questions on whether jeans should be classed as trousers. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Since when did shorts fail to exist?

Sigh. I'm a girl who saw the title of this thread and was expecting pictures of men in underwear. I leave disappointed

ReputationRep:
    yep, all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Since when did shorts fail to exist?
    Didn't you get the memo? They were banned last night

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you get the memo? They were banned last night
    Oh. Good thing I haven't crossed paths with any members of the police force today then

ReputationRep:
    I only approve super skinny chinos

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.