Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite Martial Arts Movie? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is your favourite Martial Arts movie?

My favourite is Drunken Master followed by Enter The Dragon

ReputationRep:
    I always had a soft-spot for The One. It's sci-fi! But with martial arts! And Jason Statham! And Carla Gugino :love: Good fun, I say.

Enter the Dragon is great, and I almost invariably like anything with Jackie Chan in it - I love the way he commits to the stunts and incorporates the environment into the fight scenes. It makes them fun - and frequently funny - to watch Police Story is the obvious one, but then I love Rush Hour - although I'm not exactly sure that it counts...

Then again, I'm not exactly a connoisseur of martial arts flicks, so my taste for them is probably *******s

ReputationRep:
    kung fu hustle :laugh: shaolin soccer's not bad either.

overall i think jet li's once upon a time trilogy

ReputationRep:
    Enter the Dragon , The One and Fist of Legend

Jackie Chan for comedy, but Enter The Dragon is the martial arts film isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    Also Ong Bak, Tony Jaa is the next Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan.

Kung Pow! - best movie ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda_power)
    Also Ong Bak, Tony Jaa is the next Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan.
    Stunning action, bit poor otherwise though, but yeah, Tony Jaa will be taking the crown from Jet Li and Jackie Chan once they fully retire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eventhorizon)
    Kung Pow! - best movie ever
    Yeah, that's great, the sequel Kung Pow 2! Tongue Of Fury is supposed to be out next year.

ReputationRep:
    I've always loved Jet Li's tribute to Bruce Lee in Fist of Legend.
    My favourite are the Fong Sai Yuk movie's. They're just comedy, and charming.
    Police Story is also up there, and the recent one was was quite good too.

ReputationRep:
    Ong Bak has to be up there as one of the finest.

ReputationRep:
    House of flying daggers...i dunno about the martial arts in it, per se, but i always find it to be a superb film.

And i always like "Kung Fu" - it's so funny, even though you have to read subtitles!

ReputationRep:
    Mine would have to be 'Best of the Best' from 1989.

Not many ppl have seen or know of it but its a good movie. Rent it out or d/l if you guys get the chance, especially if your tastes are old school..

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching the best of the best. It was supercool back then. I cant believe its 18 years ago!

ReputationRep:
    Ong Bak for sure.

I didn't like The One much tbh. I thought Fearless was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Wheels on Meals.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 25, 2007
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.