Turn on thread page Beta

A new experience; I got spat on today! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HPA, Hurlingham Polo Association

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    I apologise, its just I get it every freakin' day and it starts to hack you off after a bit
    It's cool, I can imagine. I get the opposite end of the scale sometimes; people thinking I'm scum, but I'm not. And I'm quite sure that you're a cool bloke who doesn't deserve such crap. It's all pointless.

Anyhoo, I'm glad the matter is resolved and I can now go to bed a sleep soundly.

Yeah..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    It's cool, I can imagine. I get the opposite end of the scale sometimes; people thinking I'm scum, but I'm not. And I'm quite sure that you're a cool bloke who doesn't deserve such crap. It's all pointless.

Anyhoo, I'm glad the matter is resolved and I can now go to bed a sleep soundly.

Yeah..
    Yes- Hooplah for us (just kidding about the Hooplah bit- its all super :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    HPA, Hurlingham Polo Association
    i'm a croquet player not a polo player

If you get the chance, go for it!
    i'd love to, although i wanna know how long the waiting list is. i don't wanna join at 25 when i can't afford it financially, or have the time to go along....

don't suppose u know how long it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i'm a croquet player not a polo player

i'd love to, although i wanna know how long the waiting list is. i don't wanna join at 25 when i can't afford it financially, or have the time to go along....

don't suppose u know how long it is?
    Extremely long, like people put their kids on it in their teens for when they are around 18- but that was like 3 yrs ago, I have no idea now.
    Lol, I'm a polo player go me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yonks long I'd imagine, just like everything else-- but its not what you know its who you know!!

V.C. polo final later this month!!-lol more horses :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Charters, your sis sent me a pic of you hehe , you do look like a public school boy ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaSSS)
    Charters, your sis sent me a pic of you hehe , you do look like a public school boy ;p
    I tell you what that girl is going to b chucked out this house- I'm piss off now lol and stop laughing at me I can't help it, its in my blood

ReputationRep:
    Extremely long, like people put their kids on it in their teens for when they are around 18- but that was like 3 yrs ago, I have no idea now.
    Lol, I'm a polo player go me :rolleyes:
    so is there a junior/student rate at all?

or do they assume we all like parting with lots of money?

hurlingham is all amazing, except for teh food which is shocking....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    so is there a junior/student rate at all?

or do they assume we all like parting with lots of money?

hurlingham is all amazing, except for teh food which is shocking....
    Hmmm tbh I don't really know but I could get back to you after I've quizzed my Dad, lol he loves talking about it! I doubt there is separate rates I think its just family or single membership- as it is supposed to be "exclusive" and all. Haha, everyone always goes on about the food- I'm with you on that one, I NEVER eat there!

ReputationRep:
    Not read all of this topic but to me pikeys are gypsies/new age travellers, whatever the politically correct term is nowadays but people are putting them in the same class as kevs/chavs/townies which to me are just people who wear designer clothes and trainers and stuff, anyway I'm a 'towny' or 'Kev' or whatever you wanna call me but I don't go round spitting in peoples faces or acting like a ****

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm tbh I don't really know but I could get back to you after I've quizzed my Dad, lol he loves talking about it! I doubt there is separate rates I think its just family or single membership- as it is supposed to be "exclusive" and all. Haha, everyone always goes on about the food- I'm with you on that one, I NEVER eat there!
    good stuff. all the people i was there with at the time complained about the food...
    £5.00 for a jacket potato is NOT ON. they normally cost about two quid! for one of the organised meals, they served us really shite tuna sandwiches as well, with no butter or anything - just fillings!

although i do like the layout of the new main dining area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    whatever you wanna call me but I don't go round spitting in peoples faces or acting like a ****
    have a cookie for not being like ever other whatever you want to call them.
    Personally they make my life hell so I'm not sympathetic to anyone who is one, or even who just wants to look like one. I have no friends or actually had a conversation with one in my life and I never intend to. They are on a completely different planet to me- if I am being brutally honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    good stuff. all the people i was there with at the time complained about the food...
    £5.00 for a jacket potato is NOT ON. they normally cost about two quid! for one of the organised meals, they served us really shite tuna sandwiches as well, with no butter or anything - just fillings!

although i do like the layout of the new main dining area.
    Urgh the sandwhiches I sent them back liturally the bread was CURLING up at the ends! :eek:
    So which school did you used to go to old chap, did you ever row?

ReputationRep:
    Urgh the sandwhiches I sent them back liturally the bread was CURLING up at the ends! :eek:
    So which school did you used to go to old chap, did you ever row?
    you will have to join the UKL public school boy's league first

comprising Joey_Johns, Tek, Amexblack, etc

yeah i did, but only internally - i wasn't big enough for the school VIIIs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    you will have to join the UKL public school boy's league first

comprising Joey_Johns, Tek, Amexblack, etc

yeah i did, but only internally - i wasn't big enough for the school VIIIs...
    lol, there's a league :rolleyes: how magnificent.....

ReputationRep:
    lol, there's a league :rolleyes: how magnificent.....
    not really. just that we all sort of know each other...

i'm guessing you're from charterhouse? i remember JJ mentioning CLC and ur sis in the same breath once.

ReputationRep:
    Personally they make my life hell so I'm not sympathetic to anyone who is one,
    Do they follow you around?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    not really. just that we all sort of know each other...

i'm guessing you're from charterhouse? i remember JJ mentioning CLC and ur sis in the same breath once.
    Ah yes, but don't mention Cheltenham, she might possibly kill you....She left there, lol under suspcious circumstances :rolleyes: and now goes to Kings. I've just left Charters actually- so I should get a new name!
    JJ reminds me of some of the guys who I was at school with, he seems a bit of a ledge- gives me digs about the standard of rugby at charters lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    Do they follow you around?! :confused:
    Can't you see the topic of conversation has moved on....and obviously on they don't, they don't follow me they follow the wealth :rolleyes:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.