Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought i would be unable to go to university this year due to reasons at home but i have now found out it's possible for me to go. I applied via UCAS originally to do fashion business but i feel an art foundation course will be better as i'm still unsure on what to do exactly..

do you think it will be too late for me to find a course starting this sept? has anybody done an art foundation at exeter college? what other colleges around this are could i do an art foundation course at?

i'm from the channel islands so i would have to have a college with accomodation

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It might not be too late for you to find a course, but you'd need to ring the universities and colleges directly and ask them if they still have places. If they do, then you'd probably need to bring along some of your work and maybe have an interview.
    This page on ucas lists the colleges that have foundation-

http://www.ucas.com/ucc/foundation/index.html

Katy xxx

ReputationRep:
    ravensbourne were still taking people through the holidays. you get to go to paris..

ReputationRep:
    I don't know for sure but I assume they might because I've been accepted onto foundation at four unis but I still haven't gotten round to telling three of them I'm not coming, so basically what I'm saying is they might have places so might accept late applicants.

ReputationRep:
    : o not telling unis that you're not going means people who worked hard for the first set of interviews miss out on a place!!

ReputationRep:
    I get what your saying but I went through the same process as everyone else and earned my place. It's not intentional it's just that I had to work out funding stuff so couldn't decline the offers straight away.

ReputationRep:
    in my foundation (swansea) they were still open to giving interviews to people in the first week of the course starting, foundations are different because you apply directly, and not through UCAS(i think this applies to most if not all foundation courses) but it all depends on if the couse you want to do has any places left...best thing to do is contact them asap and go from there

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2007

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.