Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I LOATHE myself so much, I can't function properly. I've been rejected by a girl as being no good to even talk to. She got bored of me, she was taking money from me and then when she stopped working, she stopped writing to me and ignored me. I wrote very rarely to her anyway, maybe once in a few weeks - I was very far from clingy - asking her how she is.

I hate myself for it so much. I feel so inadequate. I am disgusting, my intelligence is at best average, I'm lazy, and I'm not social. I thought getting into a good uni (redbrick) and graduating with a good degree will boost my self-esteem. It did nothing, I hate myself more than ever now.

What can I do about this? how do others get out of this desperate situation? I can't even do proper things anymore - showering, cooking, cleaning, brushing my teeth. I see no point, I feel so useless and my ego is non-existent anymore.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I LOATHE myself so much, I can't function properly. I've been rejected by a girl as being no good to even talk to. She got bored of me, she was taking money from me and then when she stopped working, she stopped writing to me and ignored me. I wrote very rarely to her anyway, maybe once in a few weeks - I was very far from clingy - asking her how she is.

I hate myself for it so much. I feel so inadequate. I am disgusting, my intelligence is at best average, I'm lazy, and I'm not social. I thought getting into a good uni (redbrick) and graduating with a good degree will boost my self-esteem. It did nothing, I hate myself more than ever now.

What can I do about this? how do others get out of this desperate situation? I can't even do proper things anymore - showering, cooking, cleaning, brushing my teeth. I see no point, I feel so useless and my ego is non-existent anymore.
    Hey OP, I noticed you'd not had any replies to your thread whilst it was in our 'advice on everyday issues' sub-forum so I've moved it to our mental health section in the hope someone will reply to you here.

I hope that's okay? If it isn't, just let me know and I can move it somewhere else for you

ReputationRep:
    I honestly feel like the best option for you is counselling. I applied for it and have been waiting a while now for an appointment but I also struggle with self-loathing. I tried to cope for a while and my family, friends and boyfriend are all very supportive but I think that I need help with sorting out the underlying issues of WHY I actually feel that way.

Do you actually WANT to do something about this? Because if you do, book an appointment with your doctor today and talk to him about being referred for therapy. You just need to bite the bullet and take responsibility for getting help. It sounds as though you may have clinical depression, but I'm not a professional and think you should see someone asap.

ReputationRep:
    Find someone else to hate..?

ReputationRep:
    Be kind to youself

ReputationRep:
    Let me know if you work it out.

ReputationRep:
    pray to god

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.