Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Questions about a part-time job (FTE, hours per week, etc) watch

ReputationRep:
    I found these two job offerings at my uni as an administrative assistant. The job states that it is 0.6 FTE, permanent, part-time contract.

First of all, what would 0.6 FTE mean? I know it stands for full-time equivalent, however, I would like to find out how many hours per day/week that would be (one of the offerings says I would work 3 days per week).

Also, since it was posted under student jobs, I was wondering how easy it is to schedule your studies around a permanent contract, are employers OK with you taking winter/easter breaks? (I am from another country and would like to come back home during the breaks and take a few weeks off)

Thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by bri1221)
    I found these two job offerings at my uni as an administrative assistant. The job states that it is 0.6 FTE, permanent, part-time contract.

First of all, what would 0.6 FTE mean? I know it stands for full-time equivalent, however, I would like to find out how many hours per day/week that would be (one of the offerings says I would work 3 days per week).

Also, since it was posted under student jobs, I was wondering how easy it is to schedule your studies around a permanent contract, are employers OK with you taking winter/easter breaks? (I am from another country and would like to come back home during the breaks and take a few weeks off)

Thanks!
    .6 out of 1, 60% or 3 days out of 5 (though it might not be 3 full days)

You will probably be entitled to .6 of 28 days per week, but you'd need to ask what the full time leave entitlement was, and you'd get .6 of that.

If it's a uni job, they probably will be tolerant of taking that leave during the uni holidays (unless its admissions admin which works in the holidays for example) . but if it was a high street employer, ie not uni related, you'd have to go in the mix with everyone else for leave applications, they wouldn't be sympathetic.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.