Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i'm having a little issue i was hoping you could help me with.
    Basically i failed my exams and i was allowed to retake them, I've now resat all of the exams but i'm 100% sure i failed one of the 3 resits.

I'm really anxious and afraid that i will be kicked out. The only reason I haven't called my university directly is because the results have not be realised yet and they would most likely ask me to call back which doesn't really help me.

Its possible that they might allow me to go through the next year and resit the exam again but I'm not sure :-/ any advice?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    You get kicked out if you fail resits unless you have a valid extenuating circumstances reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Every Uni has its own rules and procedures relating to exams and you need to look at those specifically.

Wait till the results to know for sure.

If you have failed one, then they have discretion about what to do. I expect they will look at your overall case. Were there any extenuating circumstances? How have you performed in other exams, hwo many marks did you fail by.

If you only failed by a few then they may have the option to give you a condoned pass. That can typically be from anywhere from 35-39%.

They may decide you dont deserve a condoned pass and there mau be the option of another resit, buyt these tend to be less common.

More likely would be a retake of the course/ module. This may or many not be capped. Its unlikely they would let you proceed before the retake.
    You should also check what the impact will be on your funding.
    If they are very strict they can terminate your course.

Advice.
    1. Read the rules- they will be on the website.
    2. Talk to your tutor.
    3. Consider appealing if you had additional curcymstances as to why you failed the resit. Those rules should be on the website as well.
    4. Go to the SU and get the help of one of he advisors to help with your appeal.

ReputationRep:
    If you've failed marginally eg 34-40% they may let you use another unit to compensate.
    Otherwise you may be allowed to move up a year but resit the exam at the same time or resit the failed year. I don't think you would get kicked out if you only failed one of your resits.

ReputationRep:
    If you've failed marginally eg 34-40% they may let you use another unit to compensate.Otherwise you may be allowed to move up a year but resit the exam at the same time or resit the failed year. I don't think you would get kicked out if you only failed one of your resits.

ReputationRep:
    You will not necessarily get kicked out. There are ways to progress and repeat failed modules at the same time as your next year's modules.

But it is not a given. What you MUST do is contact your department as soon as you get your results and speak to them. They don't want to kick you out and I am sure will do what they can within the regs to allow you to stay.

But you must talk to them, and convince them you will do better next time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.