Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which department do I call if I don't get my uni offer Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do I call the admissions, university directly, prefferred course leader??
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    McDonald's HR :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure either to be honest. Hopefully someone can enlighten us, haha.

ReputationRep:
    The head of department probably- e.g if you're doing biology/biomed you'd call the head of Bioscience
    I'm not completely sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L's Successor)
    Your preferred Uni may give you a place anyway. Look first on Ucas. If they don't offer you a place there is no point in contacting them. They know you want a place, it's all about how many students they want to admit. Same with your insurance. If you miss both you have decisions to make about clearing etc. Best then to talk to your school or college who will have lots of experience of this.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm going to kill myself if I have to go through clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ian.slater)
    Your preferred Uni may give you a place anyway. Look first on Ucas. If they don't offer you a place there is no point in contacting them. They know you want a place, it's all about how many students they want to admit. Same with your insurance. If you miss both you have decisions to make about clearing etc. Best then to talk to your school or college who will have lots of experience of this.
    nah I'm going to call the uni even If im rejected to see if I can do a similar course
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If you don't meet your offer CHECK TRACK FIRST
    Follow the flowchart
    results day flowchart

Look on your university website - there will usually be a clearing or confirmation number. That's the number most likely to be answered (other staff will have their phones diverted or on answerphone).

OR check on your university's applicant portal or find out if they have a page for "confirmation" or "offer holders" with a specific number of offer holders to ring on results day.

But ONLY call if your place is still conditional on Track.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    nah I'm going to call the uni even If im rejected to see if I can do a similar course
    Universities consider applicants for alternative courses before rejecting. Unless the alternative course is massively different you're wasting your time.
    Lol I'm going to kill myself if I have to go through clearing
    I know you're joking but suicide really isn't a laughing matter - especially at times like results when people are so stressed out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.