Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody Able To Help With My Spanish? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Evening all.

Can anyone help with my spanish coursework!?! I'm rubbish at languages, really very rubbish. But i chose Spanish because I'm slightly better at it then French.

Basically I need to write a minimum of 80 words about what I did on holiday last summer. (travelling, accomodation, weather, activities etc). If any of you LOVELY, KIND, GENEROUS people can give me any useful phrases then I would be soooo grateful. Take pity!

Ta very much, .

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and help if I can... plan your story!

One good phrase is Lo pase' (e accent) bomba meaning I had a great time. Oh and there's llovi'a a ca'ntaros which mean it was raining cats and dogs!

*edit* El vuelo teni'a un retraso = the flight was delayed... try to use a pluperfect like "me di cuenta que habi'a perdido mi monedero" ("I realised that I had lost my wallet") but only if you understand it! And a subjunctive if you've learned that.

ReputationRep:
    A little rusty, my bro helped with it

Copped con 18 muchachas en una noche - Copped with 18 girls in one night

Hice buenos amigos con alcohol - I became good friends with Alcohol

La camarera en mi hotel tenía pechos grandes - The waitress at my hotel had big breasts

ReputationRep:
    lol, "copped" = "copped"?!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I used babelfish for what i didnt know (most of it). I dont know spanish really, just messing around, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember to put in all tenses, if your lookingfor top marks include things like idioms (Something that doesnt translate literally) in for example.

Me de la Lata: It gets on My Nerves
    Que Suerte: How Lucky
    Los Pasa Muy Bien: I had a Good time

I have a note book of these somewhere, there also easy to find on the internet.

P>S Most Exam Boards like a Subordinate Clause in there somewhere so remember that

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.