Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cosplay Watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    With an increasing number of comic, sci-fi and anime conventions now running each year in the UK, I was wondering whether anyone else here was into cosplay? If so, what characters have you cosplayed, or are you planning to cosplay in the future?

I usually only attend Telford MCM Expo in February, and Southampton's Minamicon in March - it's about all my bank balance can handle. :p: But here's a few of my better photos & costumes:

Madaraki Fran (Franken Fran)

Hans Humpty (Rokka no Yuusha)

I'm hoping to have two costumes ready for next year - I'm thinking Show By Rock!!'s Hijirikawa Cyan and (a first for me, not from an anime) Edna & Harvey: The Breakout's Edna Konrad. I'm already trying to get all the parts together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    With an increasing number of comic, sci-fi and anime conventions now running each year in the UK, I was wondering whether anyone else here was into cosplay? If so, what characters have you cosplayed, or are you planning to cosplay in the future?

I usually only attend Telford MCM Expo in February, and Southampton's Minamicon in March - it's about all my bank balance can handle. :p: But here's a few of my better photos & costumes:

Madaraki Fran (Franken Fran)

Hans Humpty (Rokka no Yuusha)

I'm hoping to have two costumes ready for next year - I'm thinking Show By Rock!!'s Hijirikawa Cyan and (a first for me, not from an anime) Edna & Harvey: The Breakout's Edna Konrad. I'm already trying to get all the parts together.

:shock: Is this what you look like in real life?

Do you thinks it's a good idea to be posting pics of yourself on here lol
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    :shock: Is this what you look like in real life?

Do you thinks it's a good idea to be posting pics of yourself on here lol
    I don't see why it could be a problem, there have been plenty of 'post a picture of yourself' threads on TSR before. :dontknow: They're entirely optional here though, I'm more interested in finding out who else cosplays, and what characters they've been/plan to be for future events. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why it could be a problem, there have been plenty of 'post a picture of yourself' threads on TSR before. :dontknow: They're entirely optional here though, I'm more interested in finding out who else cosplays, and what characters they've been/plan to be for future events. :yes:

It's up to you really Btw I'm not into cosplay :sad:

Franken fran looks terribly good, heart attack at night - guaranteed.

(Original post by mr T 999)
    It's up to you really Btw I'm not into cosplay :sad:
    *whistle*

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Franken fran looks terribly good, heart attack at night - guaranteed.
    It's not a manga I could post many pictures from on TSR without breaking the rules. :p:

It's not a manga I could post many pictures from on TSR without breaking the rules. :p:
    If you have some more I'd be happy to see them.

Also, I don't seem to be getting any notifications from you.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    could it be.. steins gate theory?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    If you have some more I'd be happy to see them.

Also, I don't seem to be getting any notifications from you.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    could it be.. steins gate theory?
    Cosplay photos?

I have a few...

Notifications have been on and off for me all day, seems to be becoming more of a regular thing.

Spoiler:
    Show
    El Psy Congroo

Cosplay photos?

I have a few...

Notifications have been on and off for me all day, seems to be becoming more of a regular thing.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    El Psy Congroo
    2nd pictures reminds me of figurine, they always pose that way (well - occasionally) and these additional hands look quite real. Other than that, good piece of work!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with notification problems
    Spoiler:
    Show

tuturu

Edit/
    They actually got that app in google play store

ReputationRep:
    Looking good AJ.:yes: Havnt done anything myself in a while.. well I did a quick attempt at life is strange character for a gaming con recently. But its been a while since anything else. Luffy was alot of fun as was narutarding with the big group back in the day.:giggle: But next year.:beard:

ReputationRep:
    I need to remember to post a picture of my MGS Johnny costume in here when I get a chance. I also did a Tony Stark one a while back which was fairly decent. Though it was rather simple. My facial hair is pretty similar to his so it was just a hair/ beard spray to the right colour and getting a arc reactor light to wear under my t-shirt for the right effect.

ReputationRep:
    Okay here's my Johnny Costume. If you wondering what I am doing I am pretending to take a dump in a bush because well Johnny.....

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  12108120_10207167693167327_6074994403868131103_n.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  116.1 KB

I don't really have any other good pictures of my others costumes. Camera flashes killed the light on the arc reactor for my tony stark costume so the pictures don't show it well. Though I have remembered I have also in the past done the 11th Doctor Who and Yu from Persona 4. Though I don't do them often.

When it comes to costumes I have two sort of rules. They have to be something I can do without a wig as I hate having to wear wigs (my hair is rather thick so it's rather difficult to hide my normal hair. The second rule is more of a preference but I prefer costumes where I don't have to shave as I don't like not having my beard haha. As a result one of the next costumes I want to do is Bigby from the Fables series. A nice and easy costume and again my hair and facial hair are pretty similar. So that saves some effort.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Cosplay update - the item gathering stage is now well underway.

Cyan:

Wig + cat ears
    Stockings
    Shoes (need modification, I don't want the flowers on the side)
    Not pictured: ton of navy blue fabric for main part of dress.
    Silver bell

Still needed: White fabric for rest of dress, tail, pink ribbon, Strawberry Heart (pink guitar).

Edna:

Wig
    The Real Harvey™
    Hot pants
    Pinking shears (not 100% accurate to the ones from the game, but I'm not forging my own!)
    Croquet mallet

Still needed: White fabric for main costume, grey fabric for edges.

ReputationRep:
    I've regulared LFCC in london for the past 3 years doing both summer and winter, but I'm more of a cosplay photographer myself, here are some pics from a few years ago
    Spoiler:
    Show

Not the best work in the world, But I'm proud of some of them.

I've been thinking about cosplaying lately though and wanted to try some kind of Star Trek cosplay
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Still needed: ...croquet mallet (optional - expensive, heavy and could possibly be disallowed as a dangerous weapon, but would look great in photos!)
    Wait... I already have a croquet mallet. I have three croquet mallets. :zomg: It's also surprisingly light. I picked the most tired looking of the three. :giggle:

(Original post by Cascadess)
    I've regulared LFCC in london for the past 3 years doing both summer and winter, but I'm more of a cosplay photographer myself, here are some pics from a few years ago
    Spoiler:
    Show

Not the best work in the world, But I'm proud of some of them.

I've been thinking about cosplaying lately though and wanted to try some kind of Star Trek cosplay
    Brilliant photos!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    2 inch silver bell GET. Had to order them in bulk, from China.

...that's the only real progress I've made with either costume in the last month. :ahee:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    2 meters of pink PVC, soon to be a guitar, if all goes well...

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    My first purchase 'fail' - I needed something matte white, cotton or something like that. I ended up with this shiny thing:

The collar is great, and I could still use it if worse comes to worst... for now though, I'll be looking for an alternative.

In other news, after failing to find any glasses similar to Cyan's online, my optician agreed to hunt something down for me. I probably won't even wear them in photos, since Cyan doesn't wear them onstage, but it'd be nice to be able to see my way around the convention while remaining vaguely in character.

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Take 2 on the shirt, a bit less garish. :p: But also, sadly, far too small (I'd fit this in my dreams :laugh: ). The way around that would be to cut off the sleeves, wear the main part of the shirt sleeveless, and attach the ends of the sleeves to the arms of the dress, since only the collar and cuffs need to be visible. But, I figure I might as well try and find a third shirt in the three months I have left, the perfect one has to be out there somewhere. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Nice thread

I've never cosplayed before but after coming back from the last 2 cons I've been wanting to give it a go, seems like a lot of fun Possibly at the London Anime Con next Feb.

Would like to cosplay as either Subaru or Felix from Re:Zero. Subaru is the easiest option, just a tracksuit :laugh: Felix might just be too much for me for my first cosplay :p: Knight version of Felix btw, not the dress version, that I could never do lol :nah:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.