The Student Room Group

exams rant

hi,

right now i am worried like hell about my exam results.
i need DDD-DDE to go into a2, so if i dont get those results i cannot go into the next year.

to add to my misery, they'll only let you to do AS agian if you:
1. good at the subject and your teacher expected minimum of D.
2. Good attendance - my attendance is about 90%?

i do not want to do another year whilst my freinds leave me in the dust, did revise but not as much as i could have.
i found my exams difficult, looking at from what i got in january i will be lucky to get DDD.
my only options if i do fail is to:
1. do whole year agian
2. find elsewhere and do whole a-levels in 1 year.
i am very unhappy about what my results can be.
when i done my exams i was enthusasitic i would get like A/B,B/C,B/C
but now when i think about it and how difficult some modules were i think i just screwed them up.
:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do you feel your exams went? Usually people do a lot better than they think they've done. Just wait and see :smile:
I think we all feel the same that we have done a lot worst than we have. It seems the further away u get from exams the more it plays on ur mind. For my resits in jan i came out thinking id be lucky to get n E n one of my resits i got n B so serouisly most people dont do as bad as they think. Its prob to do with if i think i did that bad if i do better u feel that much better. Think most people are just as worried from what my friends are saying. Just try to forget until results day n i know its easier said than done.
Reply 3
Yeah, I worried I wouldn't make an A on my History module back in Jan, and ended up getting full marks lol. You just never know. Although I really don't think I'm gonna make an A overall in History... :frown:
Some times u really know uve done bad one i def did but i didnt do as bad as feared but serves me right for not sleeping before the exam for 48 hours i couldnt even read the questions. Then before i thought i failed n exam at gcse n i got 98% i actually left the room crying u can never tell how uve done its annoying that they make us wait sooo long!
Reply 5
Yeah, it's the waiting that's the worst. Too much time to dwell on how you've done. I think I know when I've done alright, but I think I'm also just too pessimistic and sometimes don't realise my own ability.

I'm predicting myself truthfully, AABC. Maybe I'll be disappointed, maybe happily surprised...
im hoping do make cde which is my offer for pre med anything above tht il b happy i need cd last yr after resits got abbc so i need poor results to get that but ekkk still keep waking up thinkin i got q's lol.
Reply 7
Lol, what's pre-med? Do you have to take it to get onto a medicine degree course or something?
everything happens for a reason & everything will work out :smile: maybe you are meant to do an extra year and you'll end up getting really good grades! just think of it that way, very supersticious i know but i find it really helps me
Reply 9
^ What the 'eck is Gujarati?! :p:
an indian language! :biggrin:
Reply 11
I am feeling the same way you are. Im worried sick especially about Chemistry. I just want to at least obtain a grade C in it and i will be fine.
Reply 12
MathematicalMind
everything happens for a reason & everything will work out :smile: maybe you are meant to do an extra year and you'll end up getting really good grades! just think of it that way, very supersticious i know but i find it really helps me

:dito: That's how I look at things.
firestar786
hi,

right now i am worried like hell about my exam results.
i need DDD-DDE to go into a2, so if i dont get those results i cannot go into the next year.

I needed 3 Cs to get into A2 last year, and I felt the same way about my exams as you do. I thought I would get Ds and Es, but I did slightly better in the end, and just about got let back in with 2 Cs and 2 Ds.

I'm sure you'll be fine!:smile:
Pre med a foundation year for widening access so the grades are a lot lower.
I think you'll be fine. I'm sure you'll get your Ds. I was in the exact same position last year and I ended up doing a lot better that I thought I would. Whereas my friend didn't do as well as he expected and got DEE but he was allowed back. I'm sure you'll be fine. You can resit modules in January and ask not to do A2 modules in Jan to conc on your AS resits.
city_chic
Yeah, I worried I wouldn't make an A on my History module back in Jan, and ended up getting full marks lol. You just never know. Although I really don't think I'm gonna make an A overall in History... :frown:

! I'm sure you will, all depends on grade boundaries and examiner. What exam board are you doing for History out of interest?
Reply 17
Kasey101
I am feeling the same way you are. Im worried sick especially about Chemistry. I just want to at least obtain a grade C in it and i will be fine.

right now as long as they let me into a2 then im happy if i get dde or something.
because in january i can do it again and apply for universitys in clearing
Reply 18
Firstly, it’s important to be positive. You may not have done as well as you wanted to or could have done, but it’s not the end of the world. You can always re-sit various modules and even the whole A-Level if necessary.

Also, while you may not want to redo a whole year, when it comes to it, it may be for the best. Really, in ten years you won’t even care about the fact you redid a year – There are many people in Britain who redo a year or two, and it isn’t the end of the world. (Many actually regret not redoing a year when they had the chance.)

So just be positive, don’t dwell on the fact you may have failed your exams (or didn’t quite get the grades necessary), and if necessary, simply redo the year.
Reply 19
Andrzej S.
Firstly, it’s important to be positive. You may not have done as well as you wanted to or could have done, but it’s not the end of the world. You can always re-sit various modules and even the whole A-Level if necessary.

Also, while you may not want to redo a whole year, when it comes to it, it may be for the best. Really, in ten years you won’t even care about the fact you redid a year There are many people in Britain who redo a year or two, and it isn’t the end of the world. (Many actually regret not redoing a year when they had the chance.)

So just be positive, don’t dwell on the fact you may have failed your exams (or didn’t quite get the grades necessary), and if necessary, simply redo the year.

im seroiusly against the whole idea of doing my AS all over again whilst my freinds leave me in the dust. id rather just get into a2 so i can resit them in january

Latest