Turn on thread page Beta

Got a student finance question? We're here to help. watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you've already applied for your student finance but are changing your your course, university or college through Clearing, it could affect the student finance you're able to get.

To help you sort our your student finance, our experts are here to answer your questions Thursday 18 August and Friday 19 August, 10am-4pm. Ask away on our Ask SFE forum!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I just changed my University choice in SE to London Southbank (it was previously Goldsmith London) as I went through clearing and they've offered me a place. Do you think that may affect how quickly I get my fees?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi,

You will need to ensure that you have notified us of your transfer to your new university or else the new university will be unable to confirm your attendance on their course. Your application will also require a reassessment due to the change in circumstances.

If you need to this still there are a number of ways you can do this. You can request your new university to provide us with a transfer notification via the student information system, you can log into your online account and amend the details yourself or you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 to notify us of the change.

ReputationRep:
    I accepted an unconditional place back in February, received my comfirmation letter and then I applied for finance. Everything's okay, i received my payment plan and everything, but now I changed my mind. I want to change the uni? Is it too late now? What should i do? Is it enough to fill the notification of change of circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for and received a student loan last year. I then deferred my place at university until this year. I've checked my student loan account status and its states 'cancelled'. I've tried to reapply but I cannot until next year.

Can I reactivate my student loan from last year for this year?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Lachezar. You still have time to change the University that you will be attending in 2016/2017 on your application. To make the relevant changes you can follow the following process.
    • select the 'Change this application' link at the bottom the account home page
    • choose the type of change they want to make
    thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi SCK14. We are not able to reactivate the student loan you were entitled to last year 2015/2016 and have this paid to you for this academic year 2016/2017. In order to be assessed for funding for 2016/2017 you should be able to apply for further funding via your online account. If still unable to apply online for 2016/2017 and receiving a message when trying to reapply for support, we would ask you to provide us with a screen shot of the message(s) to enable us to look into and help you to apply online.
    Thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.