Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    in your opinion, could you give a specific reasons why leadership always choose the males as the first choice of successors in the family business? Why parent not consider daughters as successors?

answer this question, and send me your link, i will fill in the questionnaire.

cheers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a questionnaire or anything for you to fill in, but I'll help you out anyway 😀

Personally I think it stems from historical times; women were considered the weaker sex and generally not valued in things like running a business as they would have been seen as incapable of doing so. Therefore in family businesses it would have been unthinkable to pass ownership of the business to a daughter over a son.

Nowadays, I think it happens because it is considered 'traditional' and the "way it's always been done", stemming from historical times.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.