The Student Room Group

Changing from living at home to accomodation?

I realise time is getting on, and it's pretty late, but I see many people currently starting their applications.
My predicament is thus:
I applied at the earliest convenience for a maintenance loan under the pretense that I would be living at home.
However, because of recent.. circumstances.. I realise it may be a lot easier to get accommodation nearer the campus- rather than living at home.
My entitlement was fairly generous based on a low-income background, giving me £6961 per annum.

Cutting to the chase- is it a possibility to either re-apply or change the application to factor in a change of living situation. I was hoping to bump my maintenance loan up to around £8000 to compensate for living expenses.

Please, any advice or personal experience with this is highly appreciated.
Thanks.
You should be able to do this online.
Hi Joshua, you would have been based on the parental rate for maintenance loan however if you are not living with parents then we would assess you on the elsewhere rate that is slightly higher than the parental rate. You can change this on your online account. You would update the term time address and update where you would be living during all 3 terms to ensure a reassessment is done. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending