Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    jj

ReputationRep:
    Just do it

ReputationRep:
    As Conor mcgregor says 'you put in dat hard worke!'

ReputationRep:
    By working hard duh there's no strategy in getting 11 A*s just put the work in and they'll be yours.

ReputationRep:
    doesn't matter if your'e not super intelligent, at this level honestly if you worked for 1 hour EVERY SINGLE night + worked hard in class, i swear you'd get 11 A*

people always tell you this but its true, its just memorization of the material

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbgeorgie)
    doesn't matter if your'e not super intelligent, at this level honestly if you worked for 1 hour EVERY SINGLE night + worked hard in class, i swear you'd get 11 A*

people always tell you this but its true, its just memorization of the material
    You can't simply learn the material by memorising it, you have to understand it first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahara198913)
    jj
    5 tips for Success

- Work really hard
    - Use your time wisely
    - Stay motivated
    - Treat yourself to rewards when you reach a certain goal
    - Believe in yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)
    You can't simply learn the material by memorising it, you have to understand it first.
    i agree with you, but i didn't understand most of additional science but i got an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbgeorgie)
    i agree with you, but i didn't understand most of additional science but i got an A
    It may work for some people but not for others. You might be able to get away with it at GCSE but when it comes to A Levels memorising doesn't create any wonders. I have a friend who got 8 A*s and 3 A*s at GCSE and he even struggled with the new AS levels for a few months. But he'll get all A's tomorrow on results day. A grade at GCSE is equivalent to grade D/E. So it doesn't matter how clever you are at GCSE, you can't get away with not revising for exams properly at A Level.

ReputationRep:
    It may work for some people but not for others. You might be able to get away with it at GCSE but when it comes to A Levels memorising doesn't create any wonders.
    definitely, A level is a different game ._.

ReputationRep:
    All you have to do is answer most questions correctly in each of your exams.

ReputationRep:
    All you have to do is answer most questions correctly in each of your exams.

It may work for some people but not for others. You might be able to get away with it at GCSE but when it comes to A Levels memorising doesn't create any wonders. I have a friend who got 8 A*s and 3 A's at GCSE and he even struggled in his AS at first. But hopefully he'll get all A's tomorrow! A grade A at GCSE is equivalent to a grade D/E at a level.
    How can a grade A at GCSE be equivalent to any grade at A-level, that doesn't really make any sense. They're different qualifications entirely.

ReputationRep:
    It may work for some people but not for others. You might be able to get away with it at GCSE but when it comes to A Levels memorising doesn't create any wonders. I have a friend who got 8 A*s and 3 A's at GCSE and he even struggled in his AS at first. But hopefully he'll get all A's tomorrow! A grade A at GCSE is equivalent to a grade D/E at a level.
    How can a grade A at GCSE be equivalent to any grade at A-level. They're different qualifications entirely.

ReputationRep:
    How can a grade A at GCSE be equivalent to any grade at A-level. They're different qualifications entirely.

ReputationRep:
    Grades don't really translate like that. It makes no sense to say that.

ReputationRep:
    Start revising now

ReputationRep:
    convert if not already faithful and pray for a miracle

ReputationRep:
    convert, if not already blessed, and pray for a miracle...
    it worked for me

ReputationRep:
    convert, if not already blessed, and pray for a miracle...
    it worked for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.