Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,
    I'm planning on taking psychology, travel and tourism, health and social care, and business. For my career I am thinking of being a nurse or a psychologist.

    I'm not sure about health and social care as I took it in gcses and thought my coursework was really good, at a grade A. But then I find out it only just scraped a C. I don't really like the teacher and luckily I will have someone else teaching me for 75% of the time. I'm not passionate about it and I don't know what else I could take instead? My brother advises me to take biology as he did his a-levels and did extremely well. However I only like human biology and I hate the fact I will have to learn about plant biology. I'm worried if I take it, I will fail it as I didn't do triple science.

    This is a really long post sorry, but can somebody give me advice please.
    • Thread Starter


    Hey, if you'd like to do Psychology at Uni I'd strongly recommend doing a science subject (preferably biology) or maths, as most UNIs require at least one of these, and it'd improve your chances of getting in.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.