Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I live on a really long road with no traffic lights. There's a forest right opposite my house so I tend to see a lot of cute little foxes roaming about at night.

Every 40 minutes there's a car on my road driving at least 70-80MPH!! Taking advantage of the fact that there are no speed bumps or cameras on my road.I find that extremely dangerous when walking down my road, especially when there's a school behind this forest and children use that route to get to the school. I didn't really bother about this till I began to Notice a lot of dead foxes on the road as a result of this which is making me ****ing FURIOUS.

How can I report this problem to stop these stupid people from speeding their cars at insane speeds on my road?

Just to give you an idea on one side of the road are houses and on the other side is a huge forest spanning along the entire road. So I can gladly confirm my road is meant to be a quiet and non-busy road.

4 cars have driven at like 70mph after I had finished writing this.

ReputationRep:
    Contact your local council and inform them about the issue. Take pictures if you need to as proof. They can add road signs onto that road

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Contact your local council and inform them about the issue. Take pictures if you need to as proof. They can add road signs onto that road
    The main issue are the speeding cars, how could I prove that?

Speed bumps could easily solve this issue tbh

ReputationRep:
    Speed bumps sounds like an effective solution and stop those d**k heads from running over those poor creatures. I would also suggest you should notify the council for a need to fence the entire forrest that is opposite the road, this would act as a preventative solution possibly not as effective as the speed bumps.

But end of the day its the councils role to sort this issue, but you can certainly play your part by making them aware of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    Speed bumps sounds like an effective solution and stop those d**k heads from running over those poor creatures. I would also suggest you should notify the council for a need to fence the entire forrest that is opposite the road, this would act as a preventative solution possibly not as effective as the speed bumps.

But end of the day its the councils role to sort this issue, but you can certainly play your part by making them aware of the situation.
    I honestly think nobody on my road even cares about this issue, which is so worrying since this problem would've been solved ages ago.

I'll get into contact with my local council asap. I hope they put cameras on the road as well. 😡😡😡

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    I honestly think nobody on my road even cares about this issue, which is so worrying since this problem would've been solved ages ago.

I'll get into contact with my local council asap. I hope they put cameras on the road as well. 😡😡😡

If you honestly take this matter further, faith in humanity has just been restored.

ReputationRep:
    The main issue are the speeding cars, how could I prove that?

Speed bumps could easily solve this issue tbh
    Have a video out recording over night, but also if they were driving slowly it wouldn't kill the foxes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Have a video out recording over night, but also if they were driving slowly it wouldn't kill the foxes
    No of course not! It's the fast cars that bloody kill the poor foxes. There's one rotting outside my house right now.

I myself have to drive slow to let foxes cross the road at times.

ReputationRep:
    Put on a high vis jacket, stand outside and point a hairdryer at oncoming cars. They'll soon slow down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Put on a high vis jacket, stand outside and point a hairdryer at oncoming cars. They'll soon slow down.
    LOL @ the hairdryer

ReputationRep:
    No of course not! It's the fast cars that bloody kill the poor foxes. There's one rotting outside my house right now.

I myself have to drive slow to let foxes cross the road at times.
    I'm honestly being serious, write to your local council, write to your local MP. Suggest something as simple as road signs warning of foxes or speed bumps could help this. Talk about the importance of foxes in food chains and biodiversity of the local area and how we should be protecting this. Take lots of pictures of the dead foxes as well as proof. Go book an appointment with the MP if you have to but keep pressing the issue

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.