Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

Anyone else looking to apply for GED this year? I'm actually thinking about requesting deffered entry for 2018.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am thinking about it but not sure if my ukcat is good enough (693 average). What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloimastudent)
    Hello! I am thinking about it but not sure if my ukcat is good enough (693 average). What are your stats?

That's a pretty good score! I got around 680 average. I reckon it's borderline for graduate entry... will have to make it up with my ucas personal statement 😉

I'm 21, just graduated with a MPharm with merit. Currently doing my training year before qualifying as a pharmacist. What about yourself? What unis would you like to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbyl2)
    That's a pretty good score! I got around 680 average. I reckon it's borderline for graduate entry... will have to make it up with my ucas personal statement 😉

I'm 21, just graduated with a MPharm with merit. Currently doing my training year before qualifying as a pharmacist. What about yourself? What unis would you like to apply to?
    Oh so you already have your degree under your belt? I am a final year human biology student, and i would apply to all 4 graduate entry schools. What sort of work experience do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Oh so you already have your degree under your belt? I am a final year human biology student, and i would apply to all 4 graduate entry schools. What sort of work experience do you have?
    Only just

Human biology sounds interesting - where are you studying?
    Experience wise I tried to get some dental work experience this year but I've been very busy with my degree/pharmacy placements. I had a couple weeks a few years ago, but I've got tons of experience working in a healthcare environment which I'm counting on to be a suitable alternative to actual surgery experience..!

Have you managed to get much work experience?

ReputationRep:
    Only just

Human biology sounds interesting - where are you studying?
    Experience wise I tried to get some dental work experience this year but I've been very busy with my degree/pharmacy placements. I had a couple weeks a few years ago, but I've got tons of experience working in a healthcare environment which I'm counting on to be a suitable alternative to actual surgery experience..!

Have you managed to get much work experience?
    I'm studying at Birmingham how about you? And yeah omg years of placement in healthcare will look so impressive! All I have is 2 weeks in a dental practise......

What are you gcse's and a levels like!!! Also, do you know anyone that got into graduate entry dentistry and if so do you know their stats?? I want to know if I stand a chance 😭

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying at Birmingham how about you? And yeah omg years of placement in healthcare will look so impressive! All I have is 2 weeks in a dental practise......

What are you gcse's and a levels like!!! Also, do you know anyone that got into graduate entry dentistry and if so do you know their stats?? I want to know if I stand a chance 😭
    Neat! I studied at Strathclyde in Glasgow. Oh I hope so... the only thing is it's pretty much compulsory during my degree. I suppose it's still experience though!
    Two weeks isn't so bad, have you tried looking for regular work experience at a surgery?

I'm from Scotland so I did standard grades/highers/advanced highers. My highers/advanced highers are a mix of As and Bs for chemistry/maths/biology/english/geography/physics. Not really good enough for entry straight from school hence the grad entry

ReputationRep:
    Neat! I studied at Strathclyde in Glasgow. Oh I hope so... the only thing is it's pretty much compulsory during my degree. I suppose it's still experience though!
    Two weeks isn't so bad, have you tried looking for regular work experience at a surgery?

I'm from Scotland so I did standard grades/highers/advanced highers. My highers/advanced highers are a mix of As and Bs for chemistry/maths/biology/english/geography/physics. Not really good enough for entry straight from school hence the grad entry
    I've done a lot of voluntary charity work thats not directly relevant, hoping that would count for something! Do you think direct dental work experience is that important or can be made up for by loads of other non-directly relevant work experiecne where I still learned loads of skills from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.