Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is my first post here.
    I am currently no where near choosing my GCSEs but I like to be prepared.

I really like science, and get good grades in it, usually the top in my class ( but we aren't in sets ) and in the end of year test, I am fairly sure that I got the best in the year (well, definitely on 'my' side of the year) (50/60).

The problem is, I also really like ICT, (we don't do computer science yet) and would like to do GCSEs in computer science and triple science.

Is that possible?

I want to do triple science because I am good at science and I enjoy it. I enjoy chemistry. Physics would be good for computer science. I am also considering a medical career, so biology would be good to keep my options open.

But mostly I want to be a network engineer, and going without computer science would ruin any chance I had with working 'with computers'.

Is it possible to take triple science and computer science ?

I have read that triple science is looked as a good subject to universities. I would like to go to Bristol university depending on how well I do in A levels. Also because I live kind of near Bristol, and I don't like travelling.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Your teachers are the best people to guide you. Most unis are more concerned about your A levels than your GCSE subjects so check entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    I was like you when it came to choosing my GCSEs because I was concerned about making the right decision!

This time next year I'll be getting my GCSE results back for triple science. If you are good at science, enjoy it and have the opportunity to take it then I'd definitely recommend it. I find it really interesting and not too difficult either.

I can't say too much for computer science (although I take GCSE ICT and it's brilliant) but a few of my friends take computing and their opinions seem to be split. Some like the challenge but others regret taking it because it's challenging. Perhaps you could have a look online at what the GCSE is about.

When I chose my GCSEs, I made a list of subjects that I wanted to take. I then spoke to older pupils (who chose these subjects) and teachers as well as looking online to see what the subject was about. This narrowed my list down to the required number of options I could take.

I believe most universities aren't as interested as GCSE results but they're more concerned with A Levels.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sade3)
    I was like you when it came to choosing my GCSEs because I was concerned about making the right decision!

This time next year I'll be getting my GCSE results back for triple science. If you are good at science, enjoy it and have the opportunity to take it then I'd definitely recommend it. I find it really interesting and not too difficult either.

I can't say too much for computer science (although I take GCSE ICT and it's brilliant) but a few of my friends take computing and their opinions seem to be split. Some like the challenge but others regret taking it because it's challenging. Perhaps you could have a look online at what the GCSE is about.

When I chose my GCSEs, I made a list of subjects that I wanted to take. I then spoke to older pupils (who chose these subjects) and teachers as well as looking online to see what the subject was about. This narrowed my list down to the required number of options I could take.

I believe most universities aren't as interested as GCSE results but they're more concerned with A Levels.

Hope this helps

Yes. That's a good idea. I'm going into year 8 and have already a started thinking about options. It seems a little early to som people but I'm thinking about taking my GCSE's early as I want to have a head start. Is this a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGradeGirl)
    Yes. That's a good idea. I'm going into year 8 and have already a started thinking about options. It seems a little early to som people but I'm thinking about taking my GCSE's early as I want to have a head start. Is this a good idea?
    I think it's down to the individual. Some of my friends made their final decisions as late as possible but others (including me) had decided months in advance. I don't see the harm in taking an interest now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.