Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I moved from Sweden to London one year ago. I came to this college not aware of anything..

Today I got my grades, we did 10 units total, why are they only grading 7 of them? The worst thing is that they chose the units I've done worst in? Please help? I got a pass overall and I'm really disappointed because I had:
    2P
    6M
    2D

Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by *****eQ)
    So, I moved from Sweden to London one year ago. I came to this college not aware of anything..

Today I got my grades, we did 10 units total, why are they only grading 7 of them? The worst thing is that they chose the units I've done worst in? Please help? I got a pass overall and I'm really disappointed because I had:
    2P
    6M
    2D

Thank you!
    Does that look like 10=2+6+2

It should be ten overall and i don't understand why you only got a pass, from my understanding it should be MP(merit pass grade) if not a solid Merit garde.

If you are still confused then email your teacher(s)

ReputationRep:

2P
    6M
    2D

Thank you!
    What year are you in? The diploma you are doing, is it single, double or extended?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polerat)
    What year are you in? The diploma you are doing, is it single, double or extended?
    I'm in the first year, I'm doing subsidiary Level 3

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the first year, I'm doing subsidiary Level 3
    Whats the problem then? All the grades you wrote about add up to 10?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polerat)
    Whats the problem then? All the grades you wrote about add up to 10?
    Yes when I calculate them it says I got a D overall, but in certificate i got it says I have a pass only

ReputationRep:
    Yes when I calculate them it says I got a D overall, but in certificate i got it says I have a pass only
    Are you SURE that the grades you listed are the official grades and your marks weren't reduced after the work had been marked/moderated?

ReputationRep:
    10 units would be already BTEC 90 Credit Diploma

based on 2P, 6M, 2D should get you DM

ReputationRep:
    i swear if its level 3 first year you get 2 grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomStudent890)
    i swear if its level 3 first year you get 2 grades
    if its Level 3 Certificate or Subsidiary Diploma then its one grade

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.