Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I phoned a salon that i have never been to before and i made an appointment and asked for a cut and highlights. My hair is very dark and i want it considerably lighter and i also want them to use a specific highlighting technique. (I checked with the salon on facebook and they do use the technique)

My question is when i go for my appointment will the hairdresser be annoyed that i never told her on the phone about the specifics or will she just be used to this?

Also when it says "prices from" will it be a lot higher than the price shown?

Sorry..I know this doesn't make much sense but i will appreciate any replies! X

ReputationRep:
    If its Turkish then forget it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    If its Turkish then forget it.
    Why!? (Its not turkish but just wondering!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine2305)
    Why!? (Its not turkish but just wondering!!)

Not sure about salons but generally 90% of all barbers i've seen are occupied by Turks, you tell them to do one thing they do the other. Its not that they don't understand you, its more the case that they don't want to understand you.

Sometimes i ask myself why i still go there (probably because the only barbers in my area are run by Turks). Although i've made an improvement with communicating with them recently, sign language works wonders, which involves waving my arms spontaneously over my head to show how what needs to be done.

But i'm sure thats not the case for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    Not sure about salons but generally 90% of all barbers i've seen are occupied by Turks, you tell them to do one thing they do the other. Its not that they don't understand you, its more the case that they don't want to understand you.

Sometimes i ask myself why i still go there (probably because the only barbers in my area are run by Turks). Although i've made an improvement with communicating with them recently, sign language works wonders, which involves waving my arms spontaneously over my head to show how what needs to be done.

But i'm sure thats not the case for you.

Ahaha ahh i see!! 😂😄

ReputationRep:
    The prices depend on the experience of the hair dresser you've booked. The cheapest price is the junior hair dressers with the least experience, the most expensive being the salon manager usually. The idea being the more you pay the better the cut.

Did you say you wanted highlights on the phone? They usually ask because it'll take longer, and might have effected which hair dresser was assigned to do your hair. Didn't they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    The prices depend on the experience of the hair dresser you've booked. The cheapest price is the junior hair dressers with the least experience, the most expensive being the salon manager usually. The idea being the more you pay the better the cut.

Did you say you wanted highlights on the phone? They usually ask because it'll take longer, and might have effected which hair dresser was assigned to do your hair. Didn't they ask?
    Ahh I didn't know how they worked out the price before! Do you think it will be much more expensive because i hope not?! The website said for cut, colour and highlights it was from £113 and I'm not getting dyed so hopefully that will cheapen it but i literally only have £120 saved that i can spend on non essentials this next month or so if its more than that im in trouble!!

And yes on the phone i asked for highlights and a cut but she never asked for more details and im scared they will get a shock when they see my hair because its very dark and will be time consuming!

Thank you for answering!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine2305)
    Ahh I didn't know how they worked out the price before! Do you think it will be much more expensive because i hope not?! The website said for cut, colour and highlights it was from £113 and I'm not getting dyed so hopefully that will cheapen it but i literally only have £120 saved that i can spend on non essentials this next month or so if its more than that im in trouble!!

And yes on the phone i asked for highlights and a cut but she never asked for more details and im scared they will get a shock when they see my hair because its very dark and will be time consuming!

Thank you for answering!
    They will have booked a slot for a certain amount of time, if you have dark hair it will take a lot longer and they may have other customers booked in, you should definitely have told her that your hair is very dark.

Prices also often depend on the length of your hair and also the length of the appointment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.