Do Biomedical Science students learn about private parts.

Watch
sciencegirl122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Very awkward questions.
But results are soon and thinking of doing biomedical science however since their first year is similair to medicine students ( i heard ) i wondered do they learn about sexual organs and have to actually see pictures or actual bodies of them.
Im honestly iffy about it, im religious and dont want to study about it or see it.

Thank you so much for the help!

K
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sciencegirl122)
Very awkward questions.
But results are soon and thinking of doing biomedical science however since their first year is similair to medicine students ( i heard ) i wondered do they learn about sexual organs and have to actually see pictures or actual bodies of them.
Im honestly iffy about it, im religious and dont want to study about it or see it.

Thank you so much for the help!

K
Yes they do. And the first years aren't that similar.

The medical field is not for you if you are off-put reproductive biology and anatomy because of your religious views. This is the human body. You have to learn about it. You have to deal with it. You have to be professional about it.
sciencegirl122
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)

The medical field is not for you if you are off-put reproductive biology and anatomy because of your religious views. This is the human body. You have to learn about it. You have to deal with it. You have to be professional about it.
Oh what exactly do they learn, i dont mind studying it and about internal but do we have to see pics of the actual parts?

I really dont mean to be close minded and if need be I will of course be professional about it, but i just genuinly want to know.

Also, I have a clearing question if you dont mind,
If my conditional offer becomes unconditional on results day and I want to no longer attend the course because Id like to go to another uni I would have to call them and ask them to release me, how long does it take for that to hapen and me to receive clearing number?
Also, if in clearing and i receive an offer how man days do I have to confirm the offer?

Thank yo soo much!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is why I don't trust religious people with science.
shuu00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm crying hahahahahahahahaha
Spoiler:
Show
probs a troll tho
shuu00
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AshEntropy)
This is why I don't trust religious people with science.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shuu00)
I'm crying hahahahahahahahaha
Same..
It's like we're back in primary school
Spoiler:
Show

hahahahhah penis!!!!!!111111111one

Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Almost as bad as "Do biologists learn about evolution?"
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Couldn't have said it better myself
shuu00
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same..
Spoiler:
Show

Literally lool
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shuu00)
Literally lool
I really hope that it's just trolling
sciencegirl122
Rep:
?
I really hope that it's just trolling
That's rude, im strong christian and if u were raised like me ud probably feel the same.. I will of course continue the degree but its not gonna stop me from finding it nasty. first to everything i guess.

anyways, dont judge. bye
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's rude, im strong christian and if u were raised like me ud probably feel the same.. I will of course continue the degree but its not gonna stop me from finding it nasty. first to everything i guess.

anyways, dont judge. bye
"Finding it nasty"...
So.. the world that your God created, including human anatomy, is nasty?
My my I don't think he'll be pleased about that
RickmanAlways
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same..
Spoiler:
Show

Turn to page 69
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is literally nothing un-Christian about seeing genital organs as long as you're not getting the horn over it and consciously seeking out genitals to look at to get the horn over.

Even then it's only a proper sin if you actually shag the genitals but you're not married to the person.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

anyways, dont judge. bye
1) It's not rude

2) Re the bold: nobody cares

3) If you're old enough to be considering higher education, you absolutely should expect to be judged if you then decide to talk like an eight year old.

You probably will see pictures or diagrams in decent anatomy and physiology textbooks. This is your privilege as a university student in the UK and something that not everyone in the world has access to. You may also see cadaveric specimens in an anatomy lab, depending on how practical your course is. You need to realise that this is not "nasty" and that an actual human being consented to it before they died so that you might gain some knowledge from it.

If all of the above still doesn't make any sense, then it's probably best to just save yourself £27K and move to rural Tennessee asap.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
1) It's not rude

2) Re the bold: nobody cares

3) If you're old enough to be considering higher education, you absolutely should expect to be judged if you then decide to talk like an eight year old.

You probably will see pictures or diagrams in decent anatomy and physiology textbooks. This is your privilege as a university student in the UK and something that not everyone in the world has access to. You may also see cadaveric specimens in an anatomy lab, depending on how practical your course is. You need to realise that this is not "nasty" and that an actual human being consented to it before they died so that you might gain some knowledge from it.

If all of the above still doesn't make any sense, then it's probably best to just save yourself £27K and move to rural Tennessee asap.
Laughed so much at the bold
Lord Jon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are an adult considering going into higher education. If you cannot so much as say "penis" or "vagina" on an online forum let alone see pictures or the actual part up close then you should reconsider your options.

I don't sit through my law degree writing in my essays "r*pe" or "s*xual assault" now do I?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lord Jon)
I don't sit through my law degree writing in my essays "r*pe" or "s*xual assault" now do I?
!!!!!! omg u sed secks
RickmanAlways
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Oh my god yes! Someone who sees sense!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (154)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (461)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (350)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (436)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (148)
4.73%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (188)
6%
Loneliness (270)
8.62%
Financial worries (113)
3.61%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (126)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (142)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (171)
5.46%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (278)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (295)
9.42%

Watched Threads