Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey

So I essentially began my A levels in September of 2015, I had finished my GCSEs with flying colors and decided to take on A levels!

So I took the following:

English Literature
    English language
    Geography
    History
    Biology
    Chemistry

(I did Bio,chem,Geog and lit in the new school, and Lit/lang,Geog and History in my old school)

I left my old school in search of a place more suited to my ability, and I hated it, I had been so comfortable for years in my old school, and it had really helped me with a condition I never knew I had, you will find this out later in this magical tale. So I am in this Alien school, the majority of people are kind of off put towards me, I was 1 of 2 people who had managed to get in, and 2 people had not met the strict requirements to stay on at this high preforming school, so I suppose there was a sense of bitterness towards me and the other new guy.

So eventually I decided this was not me, I had got A*AAAAAAAAAC in a school labeled "needs improvement" and with endless poor ofsted reports to its name (its now on the verge of being turned into an academy) but this school had seen me do very well, so I suppose it can help me get to uni right?

So the year began, and I got A's in my first wave of assessments, now I had been cuddled up in college now for only 2 weeks, and I had messed up my sleep and social life to get my A levels back on track. But I managed AAA in geography (Physical,skills and human) and BB in English literature.
    But I was severely unhappy, I had antidepressants and mild tranquilizers, and eventually the offer of antispychotics to try to help me, so time passed and in October/December, my Doctor completely signed me off, I had not much power, and my A levels were shut off for at minimum 12 months, so for now at this point I am home alone all day, everyday, and it was not good, the tablets made me ill, to the extent that I had to be in hospital due to a very bad reaction over the Christmas period of 2015, so this completely fluke outburst of unhappiness had left me off ill. And I have been an academic all my life, I had no idea what to do. So months down the line, I started not to go out, I was very agitated and paranoid due to my medication, I would not leave the house at all, and this went on from March-July, I would rarely go out, and I couldn't think straight at all.

By this time, some of my friends that I have been with since nursery had turned sour on me, and I was too scared to tell them what was going on.

So now the big question is here, do I go back to college in September?

I am really unsure, I basically put myself down for an idiot for the best part of 7 months, adamant my GCSEs were wrong and that it was a fluke, I still greatly doubt my ability, and the demanding subjects that I used to wipe the floor with, now seem a world away in my eyes, I genuinely do not think I am good enough.

Anyone been through anything similar?

Any tips or ideas?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey

So I essentially began my A levels in September of 2015, I had finished my GCSEs with flying colors and decided to take on A levels!

So I took the following:

English Literature
    English language
    Geography
    History
    Biology
    Chemistry

(I did Bio,chem,Geog and lit in the new school, and Lit/lang,Geog and History in my old school)

I left my old school in search of a place more suited to my ability, and I hated it, I had been so comfortable for years in my old school, and it had really helped me with a condition I never knew I had, you will find this out later in this magical tale. So I am in this Alien school, the majority of people are kind of off put towards me, I was 1 of 2 people who had managed to get in, and 2 people had not met the strict requirements to stay on at this high preforming school, so I suppose there was a sense of bitterness towards me and the other new guy.

So eventually I decided this was not me, I had got A*AAAAAAAAAC in a school labeled "needs improvement" and with endless poor ofsted reports to its name (its now on the verge of being turned into an academy) but this school had seen me do very well, so I suppose it can help me get to uni right?

So the year began, and I got A's in my first wave of assessments, now I had been cuddled up in college now for only 2 weeks, and I had messed up my sleep and social life to get my A levels back on track. But I managed AAA in geography (Physical,skills and human) and BB in English literature.
    But I was severely unhappy, I had antidepressants and mild tranquilizers, and eventually the offer of antispychotics to try to help me, so time passed and in October/December, my Doctor completely signed me off, I had not much power, and my A levels were shut off for at minimum 12 months, so for now at this point I am home alone all day, everyday, and it was not good, the tablets made me ill, to the extent that I had to be in hospital due to a very bad reaction over the Christmas period of 2015, so this completely fluke outburst of unhappiness had left me off ill. And I have been an academic all my life, I had no idea what to do. So months down the line, I started not to go out, I was very agitated and paranoid due to my medication, I would not leave the house at all, and this went on from March-July, I would rarely go out, and I couldn't think straight at all.

By this time, some of my friends that I have been with since nursery had turned sour on me, and I was too scared to tell them what was going on.

So now the big question is here, do I go back to college in September?

I am really unsure, I basically put myself down for an idiot for the best part of 7 months, adamant my GCSEs were wrong and that it was a fluke, I still greatly doubt my ability, and the demanding subjects that I used to wipe the floor with, now seem a world away in my eyes, I genuinely do not think I am good enough.

Anyone been through anything similar?

Any tips or ideas?
    Ohh sorry, the condition was that I may have High Functioning Autism, now this took me by storm and seriously depressed me, just the fact it had gone un noted for 17 years...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you didn't go to college in September, what would you do with your life?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go to college in spetember because it'll give you something to do, a reason to leave the house every day and you'll hopefully make more friends.

But if you can, start afresh somewhere else, even if it requires a bit if commuting because it may be well worth it. But don't forget to establish a good support network before going to college so if the going gets tough, you have someone to turn to and you can carry on the year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably keep taking medication and no nothing, I want to go back, but I think I am going to do 3, I only want to do either a degree that incorporates Primary QTS or English/politics in a local university.

Thinking of doing Religious studies, English literature and Sociology (Or maybe something harder?) and probably EPQ

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Probably keep taking medication and no nothing, I want to go back, but I think I am going to do 3, I only want to do either a degree that incorporates Primary QTS or English/politics in a local university.

Thinking of doing Religious studies, English literature and Sociology (Or maybe something harder?) and probably EPQ
    do*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.