Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Milan as a city is really boring and the Italians are the most superficial people I have met. Even though there are a lot of international people at the uni, everyone of them is suffering. The university has oral exams for a lot of subjects. Cmon, it's not freaking second grade where you can ask the students to recite what they have read. The campus is drab and milan is totally dead during winter. People pass time by smoking weed every night. The courses are designed to be as heavy and as boring as possible. My interest in finance is totally gone and I don't mind switching to a completely different field like psychology.The Italians study for 20 hours a day and everyone has this fetish for getting a job in London. At the end of the day, only a few of them actually enter financial services and the rest are condemned to work in milan.
    As a person currently working in Hong Kong, I can say that the uni name didn't help me at all as no one in Asia knew about it. It was an investment that yielded zero interest. To all the internationals considering to go to uni in mainland Europe, please only go if you have received a full scholarship. I would much rather work in south east Asia in cities like Bangkok, Singapore etc and Australia/ NZ than going to a city in continental Europe. Trust me, the food is overrated as shiet as well. Arab pizza/ pasta is way worse than Thai/ Chinese street food. And on a budget, that's the only shiet you will be able to afford.
    The level of instruction is poor as well and professors are arrogant and most of them are Italian and speak with a heavy accent which is hard to understand at times. The library is so small that during the exam session, people have to sit on the floor as there is no space. The uni makes it compulsory to pass exams on computing which includes theory about ms word/ access. For the first year, the courses that the uni treaches have already been studied by the italians in their high school hence they get straight a's while the international students dont know what the heck is going on. If you feel the exchange programs are amazing then try getting into one from bocconi without having a score of 29/30 at the least lol.As for the placements, the uni has a good brand name in london ib circles but then again if you can slog for 20 hours a day and get a 30/30 grade then only you will have a shot at any good firm. It sounds easy and everyone thinks that it is possible as they are really "motivated" etc before starting uni but once you start bocconi you will be in for a terrible surprise. Most of my bulgarian friends with top scores and proficiency in 5 languages and a masters from bocconi, couldnt find any jobs in london/ germany and are working in their respective countries. The best student from my class, with perfect grades and a GMAT of 750 is working back in his home city of riga, latvia.
    In short, bocconi is only good for a masters and that too if you are italian and have a scholarship

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think your summary is just a personal experience and honestly, it looks like you're a bit loser (no offence, really!). I'm going to answer you point by point.

1. Milan is boring and Italians are superficial: excuse me?! How can a city of 1.5m inhabitants be boring? Maybe you've never got out of your "comfort zone / Bocconi area" and explored the city! Do you know the nightlife you can find at Navigli, Corso Como, Arco della Pace? Do you know the hundreds of bars, night clubs and also cultural activities you can find? You're 1 hour away from Liguria (seaside) and 1 hour away from the mountains, not to mention the lovely lakes there are in Lombardy. Italians have their own way of living and you can't judge 60 millions people by saying that they're all "superficial" – living abroad and having these stereotypes makes you an idiot, and again there are international students you can be friend with!

2. Oral exams are not that useless. In your life, with your friends or your colleagues, you're expected to be able to explain your thoughts and the things you've learned, besides answering multiple-choice questions. Mechanical minds are not appreciated: if you learn things by heart, then you're doing it wrong. Revise your study methods!

3. Exams are heavy and boring? I don't think you lost your interest in finance because of Bocconi, you may have lost it because, maybe, you've never truly had it! Exams are designed to be heavy because of the university reputation. If you think that micro/macro economics, mathematics or management are boring, then just don't study freaking economics!

4. The campus is small as it is in the middle of the city, and anyway, they're already expanding it. But still, you can't expect a green and huge campus.

5. People at Bocconi study: they're doing a huge investment with their money and sacrifices – if you expected parties & co, you could have attended another university. At the end of the day only few get places in London? I wouldn't say so: read this article http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk...morgan-stanley

6. People in Asia do not know many European universities just like Europeans don't know many Asian universities. Again, it's about personal experiences: Singapore is freaking expensive, people work all day and the weather sucks. Shanghai and Beijing are highly polluted and grey.

7. The food is overrated: well, if you buy your food at Arab supermarkets / pizzerias, I can imagine. If you want to save on your money, you can't expect high-quality Italian food. But again, I guess that's a comparison of prices between Bulgaria-Italy.

The rest of your complaint seems to be coming from a person who has not accepted his/her failures. At Bocconi, there's a lot of competition and you need to work hard if you want results - writing things on the student room is not gonna solve your problems.

ReputationRep:
    Who has paid you to say this? I know you are working for the uni dude and have seen all the posts you have made in the past so dont freaking ******** me
    (Original post by Joe955)
    I honestly think your summary is just a personal experience and honestly, it looks like you're a bit loser (no offence, really!). I'm going to answer you point by point.

1. Milan is boring and Italians are superficial: excuse me?! How can a city of 1.5m inhabitants be boring? Maybe you've never got out of your "comfort zone / Bocconi area" and explored the city! Do you know the nightlife you can find at Navigli, Corso Como, Arco della Pace? Do you know the hundreds of bars, night clubs and also cultural activities you can find? You're 1 hour away from Liguria (seaside) and 1 hour away from the mountains, not to mention the lovely lakes there are in Lombardy. Italians have their own way of living and you can't judge 60 millions people by saying that they're all "superficial" – living abroad and having these stereotypes makes you an idiot, and again there are international students you can be friend with!

2. Oral exams are not that useless. In your life, with your friends or your colleagues, you're expected to be able to explain your thoughts and the things you've learned, besides answering multiple-choice questions. Mechanical minds are not appreciated: if you learn things by heart, then you're doing it wrong. Revise your study methods!

3. Exams are heavy and boring? I don't think you lost your interest in finance because of Bocconi, you may have lost it because, maybe, you've never truly had it! Exams are designed to be heavy because of the university reputation. If you think that micro/macro economics, mathematics or management are boring, then just don't study freaking economics!

4. The campus is small as it is in the middle of the city, and anyway, they're already expanding it. But still, you can't expect a green and huge campus.

5. People at Bocconi study: they're doing a huge investment with their money and sacrifices – if you expected parties & co, you could have attended another university. At the end of the day only few get places in London? I wouldn't say so: read this article http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk...morgan-stanley

6. People in Asia do not know many European universities just like Europeans don't know many Asian universities. Again, it's about personal experiences: Singapore is freaking expensive, people work all day and the weather sucks. Shanghai and Beijing are highly polluted and grey.

7. The food is overrated: well, if you buy your food at Arab supermarkets / pizzerias, I can imagine. If you want to save on your money, you can't expect high-quality Italian food. But again, I guess that's a comparison of prices between Bulgaria-Italy.

The rest of your complaint seems to be coming from a person who has not accepted his/her failures. At Bocconi, there's a lot of competition and you need to work hard if you want results - writing things on the student room is not gonna solve your problems.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.